Ready To Run

One more chapter then it's over:(

Enjoy this one!

Jackie's POV

My dad and I stood at the bottom of the dug out, while my bridesmaids started to walk up to the alter. The music was calm and beautiful. It would be a really nice wedding if I was the one sitting down and watching it.

I felt my stomach do somersaults with every breath I took. The stadium was spinning around me. I felt like I wanted to faint. It was anxiety. I needed to sit down, or at least drink a sip of water. My hands started to get sweaty. I knew I was about to hit the floor.

"Ready?" My dad asked as the bridal march began to play. I looked up at the crowd. Everyone was now looking back at my dad and I. I nodded, "Let's do this."

I slipped my arm through my dad's. We walked up to the field. Everyone was looking at me and my nerves were pinching every single part of my body. I wasn't aware of how many people were actually coming until I saw what looked like more than one hundred pairs of eyes on me.

My breathing got heavier as we passed the last couple of rows. I kept looking back at fourth at his side of the family and mine. I didn't expect to see Brian there. He said he didn't want to go. It broke my heart but it's what was best for him... Or so he says.

My eyes shifted up to Jesse. There he stood. He appeared to be very nervous... Or unhappy. I can't tell. He smiled softly at me as I passed the first row.

"And who gives this woman away?" The wedding officiant asked, holding on to his bible.

My dad looked at me with tears in his eyes, "I do. Her father, Mark Baker."

Zacky cleared his throat, causing me to look up. He mouthed something but I couldn't understand him. I cocked my head back as Jesse took my hand and walked me up to the front of the alter.

For a second, Zacky kept mouthing something. I tried my hardest to read his lips but I couldn't.

I focused my attention back to Jesse. But I couldn't see Jesse... All I saw was Brian. It hurt to see Brian's face on Jesse's body. I knew it was all a figure of my imagination.

"We are gathered here today in the face of this company, to join together Jesse and Esperanza in matrimony; which is an honourable and solemn estate and therefore is not to be entered into unadvisedly or lightly, but reverently...." The officiant went on with his speech as my mind drifted off into a deep daze.

I looked into Jesse's blue eyes and allowed myself to day dream. Not about Jesse, about Brian.

"So when we grow up and get married... Cause that's what we're gonna do, what do you wanna have our first dance to?" Brian asked as he held me tightly on the beach.

I let out a sigh and admired the dark, starlit sky as butterflies flew around in my stomach. Thinking about being with Brian forever, made me the happiest, "I don't know, how about this song."

"Which one?" He asked, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"A little one Matt wrote for a beautiful girl named Valary." I smiled and pressed my forehead against his.

"I don't know how that goes. I think you need to sing it to me, beautiful." He began to smirk as it grew into a smile.

I giggled and took a deep breath, "Your hazel green tint eyes watching every move I make. And that feeling of doubt, it's erased."

I was about to sing the next line when he began to sway us back and fourth, "I'll never feel alone again with you by my side. You're the one, and in you I confide."