The End of Summer '99

I love you guys and thank you guys for commenting and voting on the others!!<3

It's the day I'd been dreading ever since I found out that I had feelings for her... 

Her leaving back to New York in a matter of hours, tore me apart inside. Many times, I worked on convicing her to stay, but every time I'd try, she'd be quick to sayshe couldn't. I offered to give up my life in California to be with her in New York and she refused to let me throw away my future for her. But I didn't mind, because I knew she was worth it. Everything and anything done for her will always be worth it. 

The hour to her departure was coming closer and the pain in my chest was aching even more. 

While her parents loaded their luggage into the rental, I stood with her in Zacky's room, holding her tightly in my arms on Zacky's bed. Holding her in my embrace was the best, but her not speaking was killing me. I wanted to know what she was thinking-- Maybe she was considering my proposal?

She took my hand and faced my palm towards her, tracing the HOPE1999 Tattoo, "Don't lose hope, Brian. Things happen for a reason..."

A smile formed on my face just by her angelic touch, "I'm losing you today."

"Don't start... We were better off not speaking." She giggled and hit my stomach. 

I didn't find it funny, one bit. I wrapped my arms around her, holding her even tighter, "I love you so much Jacqueline. You have no idea," I spoke into her dark brown hair, "You mean the world to me."

For the first time ever, I felt a tear fall from my eyes. Never had I cried over the smallest things, such as girls, but this time the tears were real. I closed my eyes tightly just as more tears began to fall. I was shocking myself.

She pulled away from my embrace then looked up at me. "Oh my God, Brian please don't cry." She pleaded wiping the tears away from my cheeks. "I love you too. I promise there won't be another you. I hope I do come back so we can finish where we left off."

I pressed my forehead to her's, still letting tears leave my eyes. Her eyes began to form pools of tears as well, "Jackie, I can't let you leave. Please stay with me."

She shook her head, "I want to so bad. But I can't."

"Jacqueline! Let's go!" Her mom shouted from downstairs.

My heart was breaking at that moment and I couldn't do anything about it. I knew I should've prepared myself when I first fell for her, but I didn't...

"No, Jackie, don't go please." I begged holding her tightly.

"Brian, let me go. I have to."

Tears left our eyes easily, "Jacks, if you stay I promise, I will provide you with everything here. A life. A home. A family. Please, don't go."

She didn't say anything except pull herself away from me. She pushed herself off the bed and stuck her hand out, ordering me to my feet.

"Walk me downstairs." She said in a cheerless tone.

I took her hand and led her downstairs. Her mom, dad and brother were already in the car, looking rather annoyed and impatient. She said goodbye to the guys, Val and Zacky, and her aunt, uncle, and cousins with out tears leaving her eyes, but with a smile on her face.

When she finally approached me, everyone was beginning to leave into the house. However, Jimmy stood outside with me for support.

"Brian," She walked towards me, motioning for me to go to her.

"What happened?" I asked taking her hand in mine.

She placed a cold chain in my palm. "Remember this?" She asked as I looked down, before folding my hand shut.

"Of course," I told her looking into her beautiful green eyes.

It was only a couple days after Zacky introduced us that I noticed a silver chain around her neck. It was any mediocre silver chain, to be honest. I could've found one at the 99cent store, but the difference was, it was her's and I wanted it. 

"I want you to keep it. Just remember me whenever you see it."

I couldn't help it. Yet again, tears left my eyes and I pulled her into a hug, not wanting to let her go, ever. "Jackie, I love you."

"I love you too Brian." She said looking up at me, pressing her lips to mine.

I reached into my back pocket and pulled out a purple guitar pick, "You take this. Remember me, alright?"

She nodded, holding the pick in her hand as tears left her eyes again. "I have to go now."

We both looked at the car where her mother was looking extremely impatient and fed up. "You don't have to." I argued, "Stay here."

"I can't Brian." She said  as her voice began to crack. "I have to go home." 

"Jackie, don't please. I'm begging you. I'll get on my knees."

She shook her head, trying to remove my hands from her back, "Brian let me go."

"Jackie, baby. Stay. Please..." I let the tears fall from my eyes with out a care. I knew Jimmy was looking and it was onlly a matter of seconds before he did something.

"Brian, I have to leave. My mom is getting mad..." She finally removed my hands as I felt Jimmy pull me back. He placed an arm over my shoulder, waving bye to Jackie.

"She'll come back... I know it." Jimmy attempted to assure me of the positive.

She got in the car, waved one last time and then took off, the car become smaller by the yard. 

"C'mon." Jimmy said leading me into Zacky's house. "Let's have some beers."

Jackie's POV

Leaving Brian was the hardest thing I've ever had to do. When you love someone, you just want to be with them. That's what I wanted--  Everything I felt for him is completely pure and honest. I wish I could have chosen to stay, but I couldn't because staying wasn't an option. I had my life based in New York.

He had big plans for his life and Zacky was sure to remind me constantly.

All I hoped was for that one day to come where I'd return to Brian and pick up where we left off. 

"You okay Jackie?" My brother asked as we sat in the plane flying over God knows what state.

I nodded, pulling my attention away from the sky, "Yeah, I'm fine Randy." 

"I know this isn't any consolation but, I know he really did love you. I know this isn't the end of you two."

Randy shot me a sweet smile, "I know bro, thank you."

I returned my attention to the sky, seeing the clouds hover above the cities below. 

It reminded me of that night in the park when we stargazed... The same night he told me he loved me...

FUCK.