Chapter Twenty Eight

"Wes, may we talk," Letoya said as she walked into his room after using the bathroom.

He had picked her up after school and they bought food before going to his place.

"Sure," Wes replied from his bed then put his phone down.

Letoya joined him on the bed. She looked at his legs that were stretched out then at his serious expression.

She cleared her throat, "I'd like to apologize for snapping at you yesterday," she started, "But please understand that it was just a mere question and because you didn't answer, many things played through my mind."

"Things like what?"

"Maybe there's another girl-"

Wes sat up and looked into Letoya's eyes, "Have I ever given you a reason to not trust me?"

"No, but I don't need a reason to," she regretted what she said instantly.

Wes swung his legs off the bed, "Wow."

Letoya stood up after him, "I didn't mean that, I trust you. I do," she said nearing him.

He stood still then looked down to her, "But?"

Letoya faced the floor momentarily, "There are no buts, I'm just insecure," she admitted.

"I might sound heartless right now but that's your problem, I do so much to accommodate you, to make sure you know I got you yet you don't trust me?" Wes shook his head, "You might not see it but you're pushing me away with the way you're behaving lately."

Silence followed and Wes plopped down on the edge of the bed.

"What do you want me to do, to show you that I'm about you and only you?" He asked, watching her sit beside him.

"I..." Letoya stopped, seeing an opportunity, "Don't go with Junior and them," she said.

Wes looked at her with disbelief, "Excuse me?"

"You're putting your life at risk," she reasoned, "I don't want to lose you."

Wes scoffed, "Funny way to show it."

"I'm being for real!" She raised her voice.

"That's something we're not about to do, I can hear you clearly, no need to shout," he said calmly.

Letoya rolled her eyes, "You don't care about my feelings or my opinion. Yet you're saying you're about me," she stood up and slid her feet into her flip flops.

She collected her belongings whilst requesting for an Uber on her phone. Wes watched silently.

After her phone signaled the arrival of her car, she turned to Wes and glared at him before leaving, "If you go along tomorrow, it's over between us."

...

Sean was seated by the glass desk in his office when his phone rang. It was a restricted call which made him hesitate for a second before picking up.

He placed the phone to his ear and didn't say anything.

"Boss man, heard you were looking for us!"

Immediately, his blood boiled, "You have some nerve," he bellowed.

Sniper laughed, "We'll come over tomorrow."

The line went dead and Sean stared at his screen as though he were dreaming.

He threw it down and shot up towards his mini bar.