Chapter Seventeen

Ashley had just finished getting dressed in the morning, with Bad Bitch by Bebe Rexha featuring Ty Dolla Sign blasting in the background.

She was in a good mood, the best she's ever been in and couldn't help but dance along to the song.

She fixed her short maroon bob in the mirror and remembered she had a call to make.

She paused the song from her phone and went to her recent calls. She then pressed on her uncle's contact and listened to it ring a few times before he picked up.

"My niece, what's good?"

Ashley stifled a laugh at his chirpiness, "Sage is coming over tonight for the weekend," she went straight to the point of the call.

"Good," his tone change to seriousness, "Tomorrow, early in the morning. Remember the plan," he informed.

"Okay," she said and they ended the call.

She collected her bag and skipped down the stairs to have breakfast.

She couldn't wait for her friend to be over, she was ecstatic and certain nothing would go wrong.

...

"Why are you packing a bag? Going over to baby daddies house?" Letoya asked as she walked into their bedroom after the shower she took.

"No, I'm going over to Ashley's new house after school," Sage huffed and sat down on her bed.

"You sure that's a good idea?" Letoya eyed her.

"Yeah, plus I promised her," Sage said.

"Okay, send me your location when you're there," Letoya said, lotioning the leg that was placed on her bed.

Sage laughed, "What could go wrong? You think she'll kill me?"

Letoya laughed as well, "I don't trust her alone with you, that's all," she said.

"Whatever man, I'll return in one piece and prove you wrong," Sage stood up and closed her bag, "May I get a lift from you and Wes?"

"Where's Junior?" Letoya asked, jumping into her jeans.

"He had to work early," Sage lied, avoiding questions.

"Oh, okay, sure. You'll just have to wait for me," Letoya said walking to their wardrobe to pick out a top.

"Hurry up then," Sage said leaving the room.

Letoya chuckled behind her.

...

Morris sat down across Nicole in a pub near his workplace. He didn't know why he had agreed to meet up with her but there he was.

"Hey," he said curtly.

"No need to be formal with me," Nicole said with a smile, "Shall we order lunch?"

Morris looked at her, "Sure."

She signaled for a waiter and a skinny young boy came rushing towards them with a pen and notebook in his hands.

He took their orders and left.

"So why did you want to meet?" Morris asked, getting comfortable on his side of the booth.

"I just wanted to see you," she said, fixing her sleeked back ponytail. She looked out place with the navy asymmetrical dress she had on with high nude pumps.

"Let's not beat around the bush, you didn't fly all the way down here to just see me," he said frankly.

The waiter cleared his throat to make his presence known, "Here are your drinks," he then placed one in front of Nicole then Morris, "Your food will be out shortly," and he left.

Nicole sipped on her cuppocino before placing the cup down, "I've been thinking about us."

"What does your husband have to say about that?" Morris asked.

Nicole sighed, "Can you give me a chance to talk?"

Morris kept quiet.

"I'm sorry," Nicole started, "For leaving you."

"Can't be sorry for what made you happy, what you wanted," he said.

"Well I regret it now," Nicole spoke.

"Only now?" Morris asked, surprised.

Nicole went quiet.

"What? Your husband has dumped you now you want to come running to me with a sob story and an empty apology and I should feel sorry for you?" Morris bellowed then pinched the bridge of his nose.

"I gave you all I could give: my heart and you thought me too poor for you. You went against my wishes, in fact, you didn't have time to listen to my opinion when it came to our first born that you aborted but I took you back, understanding that you were not ready for a kid," he proceeded.

"Then one day you leave me a letter that said you wanted to find yourself, you wanted more from life, basically telling me I am holding you back from living to your full potential but leaving out a crucial piece of information," Morris was now leaned in to the table, "Leaving out that you're carrying my second child."

"I'm sorry Morris, I was young and confused," Nicole tried to reason.

"Bullshit, you chased a lifestyle I couldn't provide for you, and that's fine but to rob me of my child's life?"

"You have her now," Nicole said.

"After 16 years? 16 years Nicole, not even once did you think to pick up the phone and call me, only when you were tired of her?" Morris was getting worked up, "You don't deserve my company right now, I thought you had something substantial to say but no, you're trying to worm yourself back into my life because the one you have isn't working out for you," he pointed at her.

"That's not true-" Nicole whisper yelled.

"Lie again," Morris said.

"Listen, I messed up when we were younger-"

Morris chuckled, "Bye Nicole," he stood up.

"That's it?" Nicole stared at him with sad eyes.

"Our time has passed and will never come again, get that into your head," he then walked off, crossing paths with the waiter carrying their food.

He placed the plates on the table with furrowed eyebrows and left Nicole who was trying hard not to shed a tear.

...

"Y'all down for the club tonight?" Junior asked JP and Marcus as they sat in his lounge, smoking weed.

"No bonding with baby mama?" JP asked.

"Naa, boys night tonight," Junior said.

"Shit, you know I'm down," Marcus said.

JP eyed Junior, "What did you do this time?"

Junior chuckled, "Why do I always have to be the one doing shit?"

"Cause you stay doing shit," JP answered.

"I ain't do shit, I just want to go out, damn," Junior shouted.

JP raised his hands in surrender, "Okay, ain't mean to get your panties in a knot."

Marcus laughed and Junior gave him a mean mug.

"Fuck you Jean-Paul!"

"We're using our government names now, Marquise Johnson Junior?" JP asked.

"Mane," Junior said and laughed.

He was still pissed off at the fact that Sage had lied to him, her taking drugs disappointed him but he couldn't get over the fact that she didn't tell him.

He planned on getting piss drunk, just to forget for a night before working through his anger then going back to talk things through with his girl.