Chapter Forty Six

Silhouettes by Avicii was playing with Sage trying hard not to bob her head, Brandi had asked her four times already to sit still.

Chelsea was waving her hands to the sides, looking like those flatables at car garages. She had two left feet.

"Okay, can we change now?" Brandi complained, they had been going through different songs that each girl liked and she wasn't feeling the one playing.

Chelsea passed her phone to Sage, who scrolled down the list off songs before her eyes bulged out, "Oh, remember this one?"

She played Drop That Kitty by Ty Dolla Sign featuring Tinashe and Charli XCX. Chelsea immediately stood up and lowered her upper body with her arms dangling before her. She tried to move her bum alone but the whole backside moved out of sync.

Brandi busted out laughing after a few seconds of holding it in, Sage joined her.

"What?" Chelsea whined and stood up straight to bend her knees. She twerked her back, making her look constipated.

Brandi approached Chelsea and held her shoulders, "Please," she let out through laughs, "Don't."

Chelsea rolled her eyes and giggled, "Man, I can twerk okay," she said, dipping her head side to side with her fingers clicking.

Sage was on the floor laughing, even though she has witnessed her friend attempt to dance before, she never not found it funny.

"I don't know why you're laughing so hard, we're in the same boat," Chelsea said towards her friend and plopped down on a couch.

Sage sat up to stand up and calmed down, "Don't make me embarrass you Chels," she said.

"Try," Chelsea dared and leaned back to cross one leg over the other.

"My babies won't let me," she cradled her belly.

"Right, I'll let that slide," Chelsea said before facing Brandi, "What about you?"

Brandi returned to the back of Sage's chair shaking her head, "Nope, I'm busy," she said, motioning Sage to sit down.

Sage did so but turned to face Brandi, "Do it for me since I can't show her that I am a pro," she pouted.

"How do you know I can even dance?" Brandi crossed her arms over her chest.

"I don't," Sage shrugged and faced forward to lean back.

Brandi sighed then stuck her hand out, "Give me the phone, I'll just twerk a bit," she said.

Sage passed it onto her gladly as Brandi walked towards the coffee table. She typed in Shen Yeng Anthem by Shenseaa in the search bar on Apple music and pressed on it.

The song boomed through the Bluetooth connected sound system as she placed the phone down and looked at the two girls, "I ain't all that okay," she warned before feeling the reggae beat.

Soon enough she moved along to it, in sync and with some sensuality. Her moves had a pop to it, an emphasis like when she threw her hip out before going low.

She twerked like a pro which had Chelsea staring at her bottom with awe.

Her legs raised effortlessly as she did a move that involved turning around and twerking on one leg.

"Wait, wait, wait," Chelsea sprang up, "Hold on," she put her index finger in the air, "Miss I ain't all that."

Brandi laughed as the short song neared it's end and returned to Sage.

"Sis, you are all that," Sage complimented, "Do you tutor as well because there are moves I'd like to learn from that."

"Like that was so cool," Chelsea drew out, "When you did that move," she tried to imitate the twerk on one leg whilst turning around but almost fell, "And that," she attempted to do another move she had just seen, "Teach me your ways."

Brandi laughed, "Maybe another day," she grabbed hold of a loose hair and proceeded with braiding it down.

"Wow," Sage sat still, "I'm jealous."

Chelsea sat down and took the phone, "Same," Chelsea said.

"I'll teach y'all, no biggie," Brandi shrugged her shoulders.

"You better," Sage lifted her finger towards her, "After I've given birth, I want to be dancing like Ciara!"

Brandi laughed, "Okay mama," she said.

Chelsea laughed as well, "I want to be able to move my butt alone, that's all I wish for in life," she said from the phone she was invested in, "What are we listening to now?"

"Please no EDM," Brandi blurted out.

Chelsea stood up and went to give Brandi the phone, "Please, be our dj."

...

"Thanks for the invites uncle," Ashley said, seated across from the new head of Sean's business.

He gave a short hum, focused on the screen he was looking at. It was split into four, and in one shot there were naked girls busy with white powder. The next had guys in gloves and coveralls counting money. The last two were of the main area to that trap house and a chill area at the back.

"I invited two of my friends," she proceeded, picking at her shabby nails. She needed to get them done.

The stash she had taken from Sean's office after his death, before the police took over his house was slowly depleting and she knew she'd end up working for her uncle which she honestly didn't mind.

School wasn't something she considered any longer, her life has changed a whole lot.

"That's okay," her uncle peered up at her. He wasn't a man of many words but action. He has never run an empire but was best with ground work.

Wearing suits and sitting at board meetings wasn't his style but he didn't want his sister's family business to go to an outsider. He sacrificed a few things but not his baggy jeans and golf shirts, even if his world leveled up instantly.

He purchased a sports car and a luxury SUV in one week before the huge house he was going to have a party at the following day. Those perks he enjoyed, along with being able to afford the baddest girl in town.

"Yeah," Ashley stood up, aborting the plan of informing him that she had told them it was her house warming instead of his, "Congrats on the house, see you tomorrow night," she said.

Her uncle nodded but his demeanor changed as he watched the screen before him. His workers were stealing, unaware of the digital eyes watching them.

He flared his nose and clenched his teeth, "These motherfuckers must not know me," he shot up, pushing his chair far back in the process before grabbing his handgun that was on the table.

He looked at Ashley who was watching his outburst, "Yo niece, let's ride!"