Chapter Forty Four

Ashley skipped into the foyer just after Brandi got settled for her midnight shift. Her step had a bounce to it as she smiled at the plan she had come up with.

An invisible pat to her back was something she gave herself whilst smugness took over her demeanor.

"Hey friend," Ashley greeted with a wiggle of her fingers.

Brandi looked up from her phone, "Oh hey, how are you doing?"

"I'm good," Ashley sung out before propping her arm up on the counter.

"I see that," Brandi lifted an eyebrow at her, "What's up?" She placed her phone down to focus on Ashley.

"Well," Ashley drew out, "I got my very first house," she squealed, dangling a silver key attached to a keyring.

"Congratulations," Brandi said with a big smile on her face.

"Thank you so much," Ashley said, "I can't believe it hey, it hasn't sunk in," she studied the key in her hand.

"I get that, I'd be feeling the same way," Brandi said, "When will you be moving in?"

"Today actually, this is my last night," Ashley answered, sliding the key into her pocket.

Brandi nodded her head, "I would've moved in as soon as I received the keys," she laughed.

"I thought about it but furniture only comes through later today," Ashley reasoned.

"Makes sense, is the house around?" Brandi asked.

"No, it's like an hour away from here," Ashley said.

"Damn, that's far," Brandi said.

"Not really, but yeah you won't see much of me anymore," Ashley feigned sadness.

"I'm sure you'll make new friends or even get a man, who knows," Brandi shrugged her shoulders.

"I wish," Ashley smiled, "Anyway, I'll have a housewarming of some sort, not many people will be present, my colleagues and family so I wanted to invite you as well," she said.

"Really? When?" Brandi asked.

"This weekend," Ashley said.

"At night or? Because I have early shifts on both Saturday and Sunday," Brandi told her.

"Yes at night," Ashley said.

"Then I can be there," Brandi beamed.

"Awesome," Ashley produced her phone, "Give me your phone so I can put my number in," she said offering her phone to Brandi.

They exchanged phones and entered their numbers to save them. Once done, Ashley returned Brandi's phone after taking hers back.

When Brandi read her screen, confusion sat on her face, "Amara Miller?" She looked up at Ashley.

"My real names," Ashley said. She had kicked herself for giving Brandi her real name when she wanted to get to JP and he knew her.

"Oh, so Ashley is made up?" Brandi asked, still in the dark.

"Yes, sorry I have a habit of giving out false names til I know you well enough," she defended.

"Oh!" Brandi eased the creases on her face, "Okay Amara," she said before putting her phone away.

"You may bring a plus one, that man of yours that has you smiling every night," Ashley said lightly.

Brandi blushed, "I'm glad you said that cause I was going to ask," she said.