Chapter Eleven

"How are you holding up babygirl?" Wes asked Letoya as they snuggled closer on the couch in his lounge.

Love & Hip Hop played from the television set mounted on the wall facing them and Letoya was engrossed in the series she almost didn't hear the question.

"I'm fine," she mumbled and shoved a handful of popcorn into her mouth without facing him.

Wes chuckled and stretched his hand out to take the remote from the glass coffee table not too far then he paused the show.

Letoya stopped chewing and finally looked at Wes, "Why would you do that?"

"Cause I want to know how my baby doing," Wes poked his lip out causing Letoya to laugh out loud.

"Are you serious? I said I'm fine," she said as she placed the almost empty bowl to the side and rubbed her hands together.

Wes studied her, from her plump lips and chubby cheeks to her big eyes that held pain, he then ran one hand through her bone straight weave and he felt it shift.

"Oh shit!" His eyes widened, "Will you be bald?"

Letoya laughed, "No, it's just a wig," she slid it off leaving her in neatly braided cornrows.

Wes stared at the hair in Letoya's hand then at her head, "Why-"

"Don't ask me why I wear this," Letoya said in a warning tone.

Wes shrugged then snatched the hair from her hand, "Let me try this hair hat on," he then put it over his head and Letoya burst into fits of laughter as he flipped his one hand while the other rested in his hip.

"Guuuuurl, why you laughing, I look bomb," he said in a tiny voice.

"Stoooop," Letoya threw her body back, clutching her stomach.

"You're just a salty bitch," Wes flipped the hair back and it fell off.

Letoya screamed and tears formed in her eyes.

"How do y'all keep this shit on?" Wes asked as he picked the wig up and placed it on the coffee table.

Letoya wiped her eyes and let out a huge breath, "Damn, I needed that," she admitted as she sat up.

Wes grinned, "Glad I could help," He then scooted closer to Letoya and motioned for her to straddle him, "You know I got you right?"

Letoya nodded, "I know, thanks for the support hey," she said running a hand across his jawline.

"No need to thank me," he said then held her lower waist, he kissed her lips and Letoya stiffened on top of him.

He pulled back and stared at her. He noticed that she would be uncomfortable when he'd try to be intimate with her but never asked.

"What's up with that?"

Letoya lowered her head, "I ain't ready," she said lowly.

"To kiss me?" He asked, confused.

Letoya looked up, then got off, "I need to get home," she said.

Wes shook his head and decided against pushing the topic. He stood up and fixed his pants that concealed his deflating member then he grabbed his car keys from a side table, "Aight."

...

A loud knock on the front door disrupted Sniper from his nap, he shot up from the couch and looked around.

The knock came again and he reached for his pistol before walking towards the wood frame.

He peeked through the peephole and smacked his lips before swinging the door open, "What the fuck wrong with you?"