Chapter Two

It was Friday night when Junior and JP cruised behind a white Volkswagen Golf 7 GTI. The highway was busy with cars speeding past.

"Can he get off the highway," JP said more to himself.

Junior was behind the wheel of a black Volkswagen Citi Golf, one of the cars they used to carry out a job.

They've been trailing the car in front of them from town, waiting for it to off ramp or at better, enter a township.

"Marcus wanted in," JP starts a conversation leaned back in the passenger seat. He was smoking a blunt.

"You know mans only knows how to shoot," Junior commented, "With him, we leave bodies and it ain't always about that."

"I tried telling him," JP side eyed Junior.

"Naa, he knows," Junior hardly invited Marcus on hijack missions because his finger would slip and a gun would go off, according to Marcus.

Junior preferred clean jobs, taking the car with minimal incident if any.

"It's on," JP threw the burnt bud out of the window and rubbed his hands to together.

The GTI off ramped, and seemed to be traveling towards the largest township in the province, one that had a high crime rate.

"We better get it now before he goes deeper in," Junior said. He didn't want to clash with any crime lords of the area. He just wanted the car.

JP looked around, "Coast is clear," he reached for the glove compartment and removed his firearm.

Junior peered in his rear view mirror before focusing on the car coming to a halt at the red traffic light.

Junior took his firearm from beneath his seat when the driver's door to the GTI opened.

A young kid stepped out, leaving his door open and rushed to the side of the road whilst unbuckling his light skinny denims. He looked to be in his late teens or early 20s and well off, judging by the black and gold Versace sweater he wore with matching sneakers.

"Well that was easy," JP shrugged and exited the car.

Junior placed his gun back under his seat as he watched JP sprint to the one in front, he slid in then took off. Junior in tow.

This didn't excite Junior any longer, there was no adrenaline each night he followed a car to steal it, instead it felt like something he was forced to do.

He wanted to retire and open a club, bring in money legally and he couldn't help but smile at the thought that Sage and his child were the ones to influence his change.

Looking in the rear view mirror, Junior saw the kid run into the street and throw his hands up. He then called JP.

"Yo, I'm on it," JP said into the phone then hung up.

Shortly after, a phone flew out the window then JP sped off to go remove the tracker. Junior turned back, having completed yet another job, successfully.

...

Brian sat by his desk back home, massaging his temples with his eyes closed as Nicole stood before him shouting. Ever since their return from meeting Sean, there hasn't been peace in the Woods household.

Brian knew why Nicole was always angry, besides hormones, meeting his son didn't sit well with her.

Then learning Brian's real identity sent her into a permanent raging fit and the drag is what irritated Brian.

"Will you just shut up for once," Brian said calmly as he opened his eyes to see a tear stained face looking at him.

"Oh! I'm sorry Brian, or should I say Marquise," Nicole spat with attitude, "But I can't seem to wrap my head around the fact that I don't know who I married."

"Sounds like a you problem," Brian opened his laptop to focus on it.

Nicole sighed, "You don't care for me anymore, do you?"

Brian didn't respond, he didn't even look at Nicole, who lowered her head and walked away from his desk.

Her olive green silk gown hugging her eight months old belly.

A sharp scream jerked Brian's head up and he witnessed Nicole slowly tumble to the ground.

He returned his gaze to the screen before him, "Another tactic to gain my attention?"

Nicole wailed again, coddling her stomach, "I think something is wrong with the baby," she said through tears.

"Like last week and the month before? I won't fall for your tricks again woman!" Brian spoke in a stern but calm voice.

Nicole felt liquid travel down her thighs and she placed her hand under her private part. When she looked at her hands she screamed, "Brian, I'm bleeding. Call the ambulance!"

Brian raised his head up and noticed the blood in Nicole's hand, that's when he jolted up and rushed to her.

He picked her up bridal style and walked down to the entrance, "Henry!"

The door was opened and Henry immediately jumped into action. He assisted his employer by placing Nicole in the backseat then waited for Brian to enter before closing the door.

As soon as he got into the car, Brian ordered him to speed to the hospital and he obeyed.

"I'm going to lose my child," Nicole sobbed, "I'm going to lose my child."

Brian watched his wife quiver in pain, he held her hand and stroked her hair, "We'll make it to the hospital soon."

Nicole kept repeating that sentence, before she added, "And it's all your fault!"

...

"You should bring him over, so we can meet him," Priscilla said to Sage as the whole family sat in the lounge with the television set playing in the background.

"Shouldnt you be focused on your upcoming operation?" Morris grumbled next to her.

"Don't be silly," Priscilla peered at a grumpy Morris, "We need to meet the father of our grandchild."

"It can always be after your operation," Sage suggested, feeling awkward.

"That's in three weeks, we can do it before," Priscilla urged.

"But mom, you don't even have much energy to move from here to your room," Letoya piped up.

"It's not like I'll be cooking," Priscilla said.

"Sage, that is your man, the best I can do is keep you company in the kitchen," Letoya quickly said.

Sage rolled her eyes, "I'll speak to him," she said looking at a thin Priscilla before glancing at her father who kept mum on the topic.

He seemed to he under a lot of stress and Sage didn't want to add on, "Dad, are you okay with this?"

Before Morris could respond, Priscilla did, "He'll be okay."