Chapter Thirty Seven

A/N: Feature alert! Beebaibee_doll, one of my readers is the new character! Happy reading!

...

"So you went and got cuffed too?" Marcus asked, "Now I'm left alone to hold candles?"

JP chuckled before taking a drag from his blunt.

Junior joined them in his lounge with a bottle of cognac and three empty glasses. He placed them on his coffee table and turned the lid to the bottle.

"What's Marcus complaining about now?" He asked whilst pouring the liquid into a glass.

Marcus glared at Junior from the screen, "Making it sound like I complain a lot," he mumbled.

"Nigga, cause you do," Junior said then looked at JP for an answer.

"My new girl, Brandi," he said and laid back.

"Your girl? This must be the real deal," Junior commented, placing the bottle down and taking his half filled glass.

JP smacked his lips, "We going with the flow, I ain't married."

"But she your girl?" Junior asked.

"Yep," he smiled to himself, "That's my baby," he said.

"Have you seen her?" He asked Marcus who shook his head no.

"Why don't we know her?" He asked JP.

"You'll meet my Jamaican princess soon," he said.

"Ooh," Marcus said with a mocking tone and waved his hands in the air, "Jamaican princess."

Junior chuckled as JP laughed out loud, the effects of the weed kicking in.

"Mane, get you a girl so you stop being on my case," JP said.

"No thank you," Marcus shook his head, "I ain't about that life, too many females to settle for one."

Junior shook his head slowly, swallowing the sip he had just taken.

The boys were different yet they got along well. He loved them like no other, he thought as he laid back on the couch.

He also thought about how life was easy, sailing smoothly and he was thankful for that.

...

Ashley walked towards the exit of a trap house that belonged to her uncle. She had finally showed face after ignoring the calls of the new head.

He was an uncle on Trina's mother's side and he wanted Ashley to be on board.

She kindly declined with an excuse of having things to do, but promised to think about it.

She didn't hate the idea but her sole focus was on her hit list.

Ashley passed a room with a guy tied to a chair. Her steps slowed down to study the scene.

"Jamal! You think you're smart huh?" A buff guy shouted with a gun in hand as she passed.

As she climbed the steps to the main floor she heard a gunshot, she smirked at the violence and walked off.

She held an odd hunger for death lately, it made her feel powerful. Seeing how she could end a person's life within a second.

Stepping out, she breathed in the fresh air and walked down the street towards a supermarket.

She wasn't in the comfort of her home area but she learned the ins and outs quickly, within a day.

She approached the supermarket and decided to get in to purchase a drink before making it to her motel.

She walked down the isles towards the fridges at the back and grabbed a Fanta orange before going to pay.

A guy tried to greet her and she flat out ignored him as she got nearer to the counter by the door. She had no interest in romance at that time, plus she was getting over Brian.

Sadness filled her eyes as she placed her buddy bottle on the counter.

"That'll be 1.60," the cashier said.

Ashley searched in her pockets and handed the money over. She looked at the girl behind the counter and noted her beauty.

"Thank you," she said as she took the change and exited the store.

She walked further down the street, whilst sipping on her drink.

The air was moist with the sun still high up in the sky. Her denims were irritating her inner thighs as she made her way towards her destination.

With the motel in view, she picked up speed.

She mapped out her plans for the night in her head after the nap she'll take and a small smile played on her mouth.

JP might be a tough target but she loved a challenge.

She needed to follow him for a few nights to learn his schedule before taking any steps and that was her first task for that day.

She walked into the motel, passing the reception area where an old woman sat listening to the radio.

She shuffled towards her room and barged in after unlocking it.

She threw herself onto the bed and rid her bottle and keys to the side.

She was exhausted but some rest would fix that before the night.

She had no time to slack, the sooner she went through her list, the quicker she'd get to her dearest friend.

...

Sage went into the kitchen to make herself a sandwich when Morris swayed in with a bottle of vodka in his hands.

With an eye roll, she ignored his presence and took out the ingredients for her lunch from the fridge.

"Sage!" Morris shouted.

Sage peered at her father who was leaning against the doorway looking at her, she gave a low 'hello' and busied herself by the counter.

"You're home," he opened his arms and went to her.

Sage noticed too late that her father wanted a hug and she squirmed under his hold.

"You don't want to hug your dad?" He said with a smile.

"I didn't say that," Sage simply said after he let her go.

She rushed what she was doing to get away from him, she was uncomfortable to say the least.

"Is it because of that thug?" Morris sneered then took a chug from the bottle.

"You said you'd stop drinking," Sage commented without looking up from her plate.

"I didn't say anything," he said.

Sage sighed and cut her bread in half. She put back everything she had used and picked up her plate to leave.

"You're leaving me already?" He whined.

Sage stopped in her steps and faced her father, "Dad, I can't stay with you when you're like this."

"When I'm like what?" He questioned going closer to his daughter, "When I'm like what Sage?"

Sage looked down, "Drunk."

Morris laughed and passed her to sit on a couch, "I'm not drunk, yet anyway," he slurred and Sage shook her head.

As she walked to her room, she heard him call out to her. He even sung her name out but she ignored him.

She doesn't know what pushed him to the bottle, she had no idea what he was going through.

She saw a man that depended on alcohol which started to disgust her. Her dad was a good man with a terrible weakness.