Chapter Fifty Two

The waiting area was filled with everybody who was at the baby shower earlier. All of them with mixed emotions but excitement was the most evident feeling to wash over the crowd.

Except for Junior, who was in the room Sage occupied.

"Let's pray, the doctor said she's almost there. The boys will be with us any minute from now," May announced and everybody formed a circle holding hands.

"Heavenly Father, we come to you. To first thank you for life, the life you've provided us. We thank you for your continuous grace and mercy and for the abundant blessings..."

Some nodded their heads with eyes closed as May proceeded with a short prayer.

"We humbly request the protection of our child who is about to bring three lives into this world, we pray for health upon the little boys and the mother, may the delivery go smoothly," May continued, "May your will be done, in The Name of Jesus Christ. Amen."

A chorus of 'amen' followed and hands dropped from each other's hold.

"She'll be fine, she comes from a family of strong women," Sage's aunt said to May as they went to take a seat.

"That's truth," The other aunt agreed.

May kept silence, taking her seat. She trusted in The Lord, and didn't want to entertain the feeling that grew within her hence she didn't even tell anybody about it.

"I don't know if I'd be able to push three heads at once out of me," Trisha said to Aiden who just chuckled.

"So you'll be able to push them at different times?" he peered at her as they occupied two seats.

Trisha contemplated, "I think only one," she said.

"But I want a football team," Aiden pushed his bottom lip out.

"Sir, no! I cannot. Two is the most I can handle," Trisha exclaimed.

Aiden laughed lightly and held Trisha close to him, "Only God knows how many children he'll bless us with," he mumbled against the side of her head before leaving a kiss.

"Y'all, who is that?" Zoe asked Chelsea and Pearl.

Chelsea rolled her eyes, "Can you just stop thinking about men for once?"

"I mean he looks very lonely, let me go keep him company," she stood up and headed towards Marcus who was on his phone, seated alone.

"That child needs deliverance," Chelsea commented and Pearl agreed.

"You good baby?" JP asked Brandi as they stood against a wall.

She was looking at her nails, deep in thought, "I'm fine, can't wait to meet the little boys," she said.

JP peeled off the wall to face Brandi, "Don't lie to me, what's up?"

Brandi shrugged, "I don't know man, I have this feeling at the pit of my stomach, what if they don't make it? Or Sage doesn't?"

"Sage will be okay, she is one of the strongest females I know out there, she got this," JP said, pulling Brandi into a hug.

She closed her eyes and controlled her breathing. She ruled out her thoughts as silly and chose to believe that her friend was doing okay on the other side of those walls.

"They're coming," Junior, who was dressed in scrubs announced from a door before disappearing again.

...

The delivery room felt overcrowded with a doctor who was by Sage's propped up feet and four nurses.

Sage had been walking for almost two hours, before they gave her epidural to lessen the aches she had endured from midday.