Chapter Three

Sage shifted in her bed when her phone rang. She read the caller ID and smiled as she answered the FaceTime call.

"Hey," Chelsea sang out.

Sage laughed, "Hey Chels, how are you?" Her voice was croaky.

"I'm good? Why are you asleep in the afternoon?" Chelsea asked watching Sage lay on one side with the phone too close to her face.

Sage smacked her lips, "It's after four, school is tiring."

Chelsea leaned her phone against her vanity mirror to remove her school blazer, "I just got home from school," Chelsea informed.

"I see that, did you call me to strip?" Sage laughed watching her friend remove her school pullover.

Chelsea joined in the laughter and did a hip dip before facing the camera with a provocative look, "Maybe."

Sage laughed louder, "Don't do that again, please."

Chelsea rolled her eyes and sat down by the vanity station, "Whatever, how are things? I was just checking up on you," she spoke untying her small box braids from the high bun they were in.

Sage sighed, "Tiring, I haven't even reached month six and I'm so tired," Sage complained.

"You have a long way to go, I told mom about your pregnancy and she was disappointed then she gave me a lecture as if I was the one pregnant," Chelsea rolled her eyes, "I don't even know how to kiss."

Sage laughed, masking the embarrassment she felt. As much as she was happy to be bearing Junior's child, she felt like a huge disappointment for falling pregnant at a young age.

"Your mom should be worried about you ending up as a cat lady," Sage said and Chelsea laughed. "How's Zoe and Pearl?"

Chelsea's face turned serious, "They're good," she said nonchalantly.

"Chelsea?" Sage drew out her name.

"Fine, Zoe and I are working things out," she shrugged her shoulders.

Sage was pleased, after she heard all that happened between her friends, she asked Chelsea to mend things rather than push her away. She told her that Zoe could just need support.

"Well that's good to hear," she smiled.

"Yeah yeah, anyway, I need to go do homework," Chelsea groaned and Sage joined in remembering the homework she has to do and a dinner to cook for.

Junior was coming over later and she wasn't prepared for that.

"Me too," Sage sat up, "Talk later."

"Bye," Chelsea sang that out before hanging up.

Sage shook her head and placed her phone on the bed. She rubbed her small stomach, "Am I ready for you?" She asked out loud.

She feared becoming her mother but knew she had too much love and experience to do all her mother failed to. Plus she had Junior and her family for support.

She wasn't attached to the life growing in her yet, but focused on the symptoms that gave her hell.

With a sigh, she stood up to go start cooking before doing her school work.

...

Ashley sat on the toilet seat for the second time since she got home from school. Water thrushed out of her as a sharp pain intensified in her abdomen.

She hadn't eaten a full meal in days because of difficulty swallowing, liquids was all she took in.

She had her phone in hand as she scrolled through her Instagram. She was looking at a post from Shaderoom about a celebrity and their drama.