Chapter Twenty Seven

After Erana and I had our fun we headed back to our place.

We actually ended up going to Sarah's where everyone else was at and I found myself alone on the couch.

Tomorrow morning we go back home... I'm not sure I even want to. I felt so alive and important here.

"How was it!?" Sarah asks plopping down beside me.

"How was what?" I mumble clearing my thoughts. "Oh pfft sky diving oh yeah it was fun," I add quickly realizing what she was talking about.

"I'm still so surprised you did it... I think I'm even more surprised Erana did it with you," She laughs and I smile over at Erana who was talking with the other girls.

"Me too but I'm so glad she did," I tell her and she nudges me. "Something happened didn't it?" She assumes and I look over to her taking my eyes from Erana.

"Not really well I mean... We kissed..." I admit.

"Mia! Why would you kiss her you're playing hard to get remember? Plus Brody?" She reminds me and I nod.

"No Sarah I know but I didn't even kiss her this time she kissed me," I tell her and her eyes go wide.

"Yeah, I was shocked too.." I say seeing her reaction.

"You know... she seems like a very complex person to have feelings for. Very unsure of what she even wants," She tells me and I nod in agreement.

"She is.. Sometimes I just want to get inside her head just to know what she's thinking.. I mean she clearly still has something for me if today happened... right?" I say looking to Sarah for some guidance.

"Understandable and who knows, wouldn't be the first time she played ya.." Sarah says patting my leg before standing up.

"If I were you.. I'd bring it up to her." She says and I crease my eyebrows.

Wouldn't talking about it with her make it worse considering we're literally leaving tomorrow?

"Bring what up to who?" Erana asks sitting beside me on the couch.

I don't even know where she came from or how I didn't notice her. I don't know how long she's been listening.

Sarah smirks to me and walks away leaving me to answer Erana's question.

"Oh nothing.." I say and exhale looking over to her.

"You look pretty today," She tells me and I smile blushing.

"We need to go get dressed for dinner though we leave in an hour or so," She tells me and I nod. "Then let's head out now," I suggest and she stands up.

"We're gonna go freshen up for tonight, don't have too much fun without us," Erana says going to the door.

She turns to me and grabs my hand so nonchalantly causing my heart to beat quickly.

Once we're out of the room she continues to hold my hand. Not only that but she was rubbing her thumb against the back of mine.

"So are you gonna tell me what you and Sarah were saying about me or just leave me to wonder?" She asks as she unlocks our door; her hand parting from mine.

I clear my throat and scratch the back of my head. "I don't- I don't know what you're talking about," I stutter clearly lying.

"Okay well I'd just love to know what it was because I know Sarah always has a lot to say about me when it comes to you so..." She mumbled and I raise my eyebrows.

I mean to be fair... She's not wrong one bit.

"It wasn't anything bad. I reckon you probably already heard it didn't you.." I assume and she turns to me and looks at me knowingly.

"Yeah okay Mia then why would I waste my breath asking you what was said?" She asks and I shrug.

"I told her what happened today.." I admit and she nods licking her lips and then putting them in a straight, clearly upset at what I had just said.

"Why?" She simply asks shrugging in defeat.

"Mia it was just one kiss. I got carried away in the moment and it happened that doesn't mean anything.." She says and I swallow the lump in my throat and try my best not to look hurt at what she was saying to me.

I kinda already knew that but it doesn't make me feel any less like shit hearing her say it.

"I- I know I'm sorry I was just confused-" I begin before she cuts me off.

"Confused about what? That I don't like you going off and telling everyone our privacy?" She interrupts and I shake my head inhaling.

"You know I could fight with you right now and trust me I totally would but we leave tomorrow.. There's no point in fighting a battle that I've already lost long ago," I say defeated and walk past her to my bedroom slamming the door.

You know Erana is such an ass but I can tell she's hiding some deep shit that she's too afraid to talk about with me. I don't know what it is or why she is so ashamed but I wish she'd just admit it instead of treating me like nothing but gum on the bottom of her shoe.

If the season gets renewed I'm going to definitely request another roommate because another 6 months being tortured by Erana's push and pull attitude towards me? No thanks.

I throw on my outfit for the night and walk back out of my room.

"Erana we're leaving in five," I say at her doorway as she fixed up her hair.

"I'm ready now if you are," She says looking over to me. Her eyes examining my body causing me to clear my throat and turn away. "You look nice, by the way," She says after I had walked off.

I decide not to answer and wait for her by the door.

We head out and meet the girls downstairs before walking down the street.

"Hey I'm sorry.." Erana begins as we walk to the restaurant; the sun beginning to set. "Don't worry about it, let's just have fun our last night here with everyone," I say and she nods smiling pulling me into her as we walked. My arm draped over her shoulder and hers wrapped around my waist.

"We're here early looks like we're gonna have to wait a bit to get inside," Jenna says looking to the crowded restaurant.

I find a seat on the pavement leaning against the building and Erana sits beside me.

"Mia," She says holding out the 'a' in my name and I turn to her. "What is it?" I ask and she looks to me with puppy dog eyes and I smile.

I reach over and pull her into me, her head falling on my shoulder as I used the hand that was wrapped around her to scratch her head and play with her hair from behind.

"I can't wait to go home and be with my cats.." Sarah says as both her and Sophia sit beside us. Sarah next to me and Sophia beside Erana.

We all begin to talk about what we miss most about home, I didn't have much though, my family and friends were about it.

I look to Sarah who sat beside me and dart my eyes to Erana who was laying against me comfortably, her hand on my thigh.

I basically said a million words with just my eyes.

Long story short I basically looked to her like 'this bitch is so confusing I don't know what to do' which I already know she understood.

She rubs my shoulder and gives me a comforting smile.

You know for someone who swears up and down she doesn't want to be anymore then friends... Erana sure does treat me different than everyone else.

Maybe it's because she feels as though she has to or I'll leave her as a friend but that's just simply not true..

I have a lot of patience but right now mine is beginning to run dry with her.

I'm definitely going to be sending her a nice long letter when I get home about how badly she's messed with my head but while I'm here, I want to make the most of the time we have left.