Chapter Thirty One

Erana's POV

There's a certain thing about goodbyes. It ultimately could be the last of something.. or someone.

I tug my suitcase behind me as I walked through my hometown airport. I felt so relieved.. maybe the smell? The people? Even though I've never met anyone I see here, just the familiarity put me at ease.

I feel my phone begin to buzz and see all the notifications finally popping up now that I have service.

Ethan-

Meet me by the doors when u land i'll be there.

Dad-

Text when you're on your way back hope your flight was good!

Mia <3

Just landed, I already miss you so much don't forget about me pls. Let me know when you land, talk soon. xoxox

I scroll through the rest of my notifications and then slide my phone in my pocket and meet my brother at the doors he said he would be at.

I smile and wave at him as he looked out the window waving back at me.

I haven't seen him in a few months, he doesn't look any different though.

"Long time no see stranger!" He calls out and I walk over throwing my things in the trunk and getting into the passengers seat.

"Hi," I say and lean over hugging him.

We talk about all we've done since we've last seen each other the entire ride home.

I found out he got a new gig in production and was doing really well.

We're quite the same but yet so different. Instead of being on camera, he's behind it making sure all the magic is captured.

"How's Mia?" He asks and I choke on air clearing my throat quickly. "She's good why?" I ask and he looks over to me knowingly.

"You know I'm not dumb. I know you two are close," He says and I look forward slowly.

"Hey man you don't have to admit to anything but I know you," He adds and I look out the window trying to calm my breathing.

I know my brothers harmless but hearing someone admit to knowing is terrifying for me.

Is it really that obvious?

My brother really doesn't know me the way he's saying he does. I mean he knows the side of me I want him to know so clearly he was just assuming.

We pull into the driveway and I immediately get our grabbing my things.

"Did I push a button by asking that?" He asks as he helps me with my things.

"No not at all.. you're wrong by the way," I say and quickly brush it off and he throws his hand up to surrender.

"If you say so," He mumbles and we walk inside.

I basically run into my parents arms. I haven't seen them in a while, I really did miss them.

I throw all of my luggage in my bedroom and try to settle down.

I was extremely tired.

I grab my phone from my bag and reply to some of my texts.

I click on Mia's name last and hover above the screen re-reading what she had said to me.

She really has no idea how much I pay attention to every little detail and every little word.. I know her emotion just by glancing at her.

I begin to type but delete every other word, I still get scared I'm going to say the wrong thing.