Chapter 3 : 214 A

I asked Emmy to accompany me to a park that wasn't so far from my house. It was about 10 minutes away. I needed to get the photo soon or else I wouldn't be able to do my other works.

"Well, he's not that bad." She said. I shrugged. I can't get off the thought of him playing guitar to his sister. I wanted to see it. I wanted to see his sister. Is she cute? Is he going to be mad at me if I come to his house?

"Um, Em.. do you think I can come to his house? I wanna see his 'lil sister." She widened her eyes, "You wanna go there?" She seemed surprised. "Yes?" Then she smiled playfully. "Don't you hate him? I heard someone told me that yester-"

"Sssh! I just wanna see his sister, okay?" I glare at her. She grinned, "And of course he'll be there."

"Emmy. We just met. Yesterday. There's nothing going on between us. Just drop it. Do you know where his house is?"

"Yeah yeah sure." I glared at her again.

She gave me the address and I headed off to his place. He lived in an apartment.

I walked down the lobby and waited for the elevator to open.

214 A. Okay, now I'm standing here in front of his place. Knock or not? Wait, what am I doing here? Why am I here?

He might have the wrong thought if he saw me here. Okay, I needed to go before something bad happen. I turned my body and started to walk away. But then I heard the door opened. I snapped my head back and I saw him laying on the door frame. "Aren't you going to come in?" What? He saw me? "I.. uh.. y-you live here? My friend lives.. around here, I was just walking.. home. Yeah. You know. Haha. Just a coincidence to pass by your place." I'm totally bad at making up stories. Excuse me everyone.

"Oh really? I saw you standing there in front of my door for like one minute. How could that be just passing by?"

"Well.." I opened my mouth to make another excuse but I was running out of it. But wait.. "So you were looking at me standing here for one minute straight?!"

He rolled his eyes. "What are you doing here?"

I rolled my eyes.

"okay." I sighed. "I.. cameheretoseeyouplaytheguitarforyoursister." I said it fast, hopefully he didn't hear it. "You what?" I didn't wanna answer it. But he'd insist anyway.

I sighed, "I came here to see your sister."

"And?"

"And what?" I raised an eyebrow.

"It wasn't that short when you said it." Uh..

"I came here to see you play guitar for your sister. But nevermind that. I look and sound so stupid right now. I'll go. Sorry for bothering." I turned my body for the second time but he grabbed my arm. "You can come in if you want to."

"What?" I widened my eyes.

Did he just let me in? "You heard me." He pulled the door knob further in to let me enter his room. I stepped carefully. So there I was. In a room with the boy I hated at the first sight.

The room was awfully tidy. Everything was arranged perfectly. Did he have a maid? Or did his mom come here often? It seemed like he lived here alone with his sister.

"Where's your sister?" I asked while he was in the kitchen. Probably preparing a drink for me. If that was possible, though.

"She's still at school." Oh. So he spent almost a day alone here?

And I wondered, I thought he'd never want me to come here and yet he let me in. I wanted to ask. But, what if he changed his mind and kicked me out of here? Or what if he didn't want to do the project and make me do it alone?

What if-Geez Lily screw the what if's!

"Uhm.. Luke," he turned his head to me, "why did you let me in? I thought you didn't even want me to come."

He shrugged, "Maybe because you looked like an idiot standing in front of my door? I don't want any of my neighbour to think I have a stalker." I glared at him. Then he chuckled, "No no. I don't know exactly. Just drop it, okay? I might change my mind." Okay what was this?

Was he being nice to me? He even chuckled when I glared at him. It wasn't like I didn't like him being nice to me, it just.. seemed odd. Where's the rude Luke I met at school?