Chapter 15 : Different Feelings

It was somehow funny how so many things could happen in one day.

It'd been only a day since Ashton confessed his feeling to me. I didn't know how to face him now. I kind of felt bad for him. I had told Emmy about this and she asked me to just act normal around him but how could I? This wasn't what I wanted..

"Hey!" I snapped back to reality.

"Uh.. what?" Emmy now standing in front of me with her hands crossed over her chest.

"You know Ashton won't really mind this. No, I mean, he'll understand. He's probably hurt now, but that doesn't mean he hates you. He'll talk to you eventually. You guys just need times. Don't talk to him for a while. And when you feel like everything gets better, then you two will be alright."

"Always been easier said than done." I said.

I was silent for a while, thinking about every words she had said to me. She was right. We--Ashton and I--both needed times to sort things out. Well hopefully he wouldn't distant himself from me.

"But I'll try my best for this. I really don't want him to leave you know. He's been so good to me." I added.
"I know. But he won't. I believe that."

"Well, thank you, Emmy. You're really helping me." I stood up and hugged her slightly.

"Well what can I do? I'm awesome. Besides, I'm stuck with you so I can't do anything but make sure that you're okay so I can feel okay too." She said.

"Aww you're sweet."
--------------------------
*rings*
*rings*
*rings*

It was Luke's number.

"Uh, hello?"

"Hey, Lily!"

"Oh, hey Helen!" That was Helen. I let out a sigh of relief. I wasn't ready to talk to Luke that moment.

"Lily can you come over to hospital? Luke is permitted to go home today and I want you to be here. You don't mind, right?" She asked. God, why did you make Helen so cute? I couldn't say no to cute people. And to everyone.

"Of course not, sweetie." Lie. "I'll be there around 2 because I still have two classes today."

"Okay! I'll be waiting." And with that, she hung up.

I really loved Helen. She was cute and innocent. I always wanted to have a younger sister when I was young and knowing Helen made me feel like I did have one.

"How have you been Lily?" Helen asked as soon as I came in the hospital. She waited for me at the waiting room. She ran into me and hugged me tight when she saw me arrive there.

"Been good! How 'bout you, sweetheart?"

"I've been feeling lonely because Luke hasn't been home. And.. Clara keeps on coming over.. and I'm not really comfortable with her around."

Aww.

I smiled to her, "Why? Isn't she kind to you?" I asked innocently.

"She is. But I just don't like her. She made Luke feel so sad. I don't want her to do the same this time."

Oh.. I wasn't expecting that to come.

"Ah.. But I'm here now so you don't need to worry."

We finally decided to come into Luke's room.

"Hey, Luke." Luke was standing at the window. Probably thinking about something. Or just admiring the view. Or even both.

"Oh, hey Lily. When did you get here?"

"Just a while ago." I smiled. "How are you?"

"Better. I mean, I can feel that my arms are in a good condition. And my legs are also good so yeah, I'm feeling so much better."

I nodded understanding.

Then I heard the door was being opened. Everyone's eyes turned to the spot and ouch. It was Liz and.. hate to say this but she was with Clara.

"Lily! Oh, it's been a while." Liz came towards me and gave a little hug.

"Yeah, haha. How are you, Liz?"

"I'm great, thanks! How are you?"

"Good. It's nice to meet you again."

So we just sat on the couch. When I said we, I meant, Liz, Helen and I. Clara, on the other hand, was coming closer to the spot where Luke stood and then they started to talk.
But from the corner of my eyes, I could see that Luke wasn't comfortable with her.
Then I thought for a way to make him feel better.

"Luke! I wanna buy ice cream, do you want me to get you anything? I'll buy for Liz and Helen too." Then I felt like I should add something, "And of course, Clara."

"Oh, no need hunny. I'm fine." Liz said.

"I want some, Lily!" Helen said.

"Oh, I don't really like ice creams." Clara said.

And finally Luke opened his mouth, "I want ice cream too! But I'm going to choose one myself so I'll come with you! Come on." He grabbed my wrist and dragged me out of the room.
And there goes the heartbeat again.