Chapter 11 : The Visit

"Ah, you're finally home." My mom said as I walked in.

"Hmm."

"Where's Luke? I thought you were going to ask him to come?"
Oh mom please. Not this again..

"He's.. kind of busy now. He has a guest. I'll go to my room. Love you, mom." I kissed her on the cheek and went off to my room before she could say anything.
I closed the door, sat on my bed and sighed.

I didn't want to think of anything right then so I chose to read some stories from Wattpad.

Luke's POV

Clara left about fifteen minutes after Lily did. And I needed a friend to talk to right now. It wasn't possible to talk to my penguin stuff just because I love them, right? It would be crazy.
So I made a decision. It wasn't going to be good but I was sure, it'd work.
I checked my wrist-watch to see what time it is right now. 02:38 pm. Crap! I need to pick Helen up! But.. if I picked her up first, that meant I should bring her there too, right? It.. wait! Yeah I could bring her, I could use her as my reason for coming there. Yeah, that's the plan. I grinned as I grabbed my key.

"Where are we going, Luke?"

"Relax, Helen. You'll love this."

I press the doorbell and an old woman whom I guessed her mom opened it.

"Good afternoon, Mrs. Summer?"

She smiled, "you must be Luke." I was confused. How did she know me? It wasn't like she'd seen me before. Had Lily told her mom about me? Hmm, interesting.
"Yes, that's me. And this is my sister, Helen." She took Helen's hand and shook it. "Aw, you're so cute. Come inside. I'll wake Lily up because she's sleeping right now." She laughed and left me and Helen in her living room.

"You're right, Luke. I'm lovin' it." Helen grinned.

"Of course! But I need help. When Lily asks why we are here, I'm going to tell her that you want to see her and that's how we got here, okay?"

She had that playfully smile on her face, "You miss her. Admit it, Luke."
I blushed at her statement. Missed her? Pfff. I just needed to relax a little after the Clara thing. "No, I don't."

"Yes, you do. Your face is red."

"Oh, Helen. Stop this, they might hear us!"

"Hear what?" That was Lily's voice.

"Hear my stomach growling." I said and made her chuckle. "You want to eat something?" She asked. "No I'm okay. Thanks." I smiled.

Helen and Lily were playing something while I was watching Monster Inc. And then he door bell rang. "I'll get it if that's okay?" I asked Lily.

"Yeah it's okay."

I opened the door and saw a girl stood there. "Um, you're Lily's friend?" I asked.

She furrowed her brows, "Who are you? Oh nevermind. Yes I'm Lily's friend." She shoved me and walked in. I raised an eyebrow in confusion and closed the door.

"Hey, Emmy!" Lily shouted, "I thought her name was Emily?" I asked more to myself.

"It is! Can you just shut up?" Emily ordered. This girl.

Then the bell rang again, "should I get it again?"

"Yeah, we're busy with girl stuff!" Emily said. Girls.

Before I could open the door, it was already opened by a guy. Is Lily's family having a party? Why did everyone come when I was here? "Who are you?" The guy glared at me. Who was he? "Um.. Luke. I'm Lily's friend."

"Ah, so you're the guy." And how did he also know about me? "My mom has been wanting to meet you so badly since she knew that Lily likes to come to your place. Who are you to her?"

"Friend. I'm just a friend."

He nodded. "Good. Now let me in."

Her brother, I assume.

Lily's POV

"Hey, Lily." That was Grey. "Ah, you're home."

"Yeah, I'll just go to my room. Seems like you have a special guest here. I won't bother." I chuckled, "Good. Now shoo!"

He glared at me. "No need to shoo me!" I laughed.

Helen was somehow getting along with Emily. Emmy decided to move to my room and was reading Helen fairy tales.
I sat on the couch and Luke was looking at me, "where's Helen?"

"She's with Emmy."

"I hope she doesn't die." I laughed. "Emily isn't that evil."

"She isn't that evil." He mimicked me. "That means she's evil. Even just a bit."

I laughed a little harder, "okay, I admit it. She's evil sometimes. But it's just for fun." He nodded. "Do you have something to eat? I'm hungry." He stood up and walked to the kitchen.
"Whoa easy there! I thought you said you were fine when I offered you something to eat?"

"I was. Now I'm not. I'll go find my life-saver." I laughed again. "I thought your life was just cold and boring. But you can make me laugh too."

He shrugged and opened my fridge. I thought there was nothing to eat but ice cream. "What flavour do you have?"

"Cookies and cream I think."

"Woo-hoo! What a coincidence. I'll have all of your ice cream then!"

What? Then I stopped him by pulling his hands out the fridge, "No! You can't! That's all mine and you can't have it. Not even a bit!" I glared at him. He frowned, "What? Why? I'm your guest. You have to treat me like a king."

I hit his arm, "Meh, never going to happen."

Luke was so noisy. He kept telling me that he was hungry and wanted me to do something. So I ordered two boxes of pizza and was waiting for it to come.

"What's taking it so long?"

"I just ordered it about ten minutes ago, Luke. Of course they haven't arrived yet. Just stop talking, would you? I'm getting frustrated!" He didn't reply so I got my eyes on the tv again.
I laughed, hard.

"God, did you see it? She was so stupid! Hahaha." But Luke was quiet. Did he really stop talking? I looked at him and he was asleep. I stared at him. His face looked so innocent when he slept. I smiled.
Then I suddenly remembered the time when I was talking to Clara.
She said she was so happy with Luke. Well, I couldn't blame her. He was really fun to be with. Just.. you have to adapt for a while until you know him better.

And yes, I was happy when Luke was around. But would this last forever? He might be with Clara again some day. And when it happens, I don't know if I could still go to his place. I don't know if I could still play with Helen. Would I feel like something was missing? Would I like him less? Or would my feelings grow instead?

But one thing I know for now is that I like him.

The ball rang. "Pizza!"