Chapter 9 : Friend

Luke's POV

She's a good girl.

Those words kept on repeating in my mind. What made her say this? Did she think Lily is somehow my girlfriend? I hadn't told her a lot about Lily and it's not like I had to. It was quite a surprise hearing her say that.

I lied down in my bed. Placing my hands at the back of my head. I thought about Lily again. Helen liked her. My mom liked her. And me? I didn't know. I didn't know if I had that feeling. I don't know exactly how I felt towards her. It was just some weird feeling that I didn't know how to describe.

And what Helen said to Lily on the other day was right. I had never brought any girl here beside her. Why did I let her in that day? I felt so clueless.

But on top of all, why did I even bother thinking about this all? This is frustrating.

I woke up the next day. It was Friday now. I walked out of my room to find Helen and wake her up. I opened her door and saw Lily there. Oh right, she was staying. She was still asleep. She looked peaceful. The sides of my mouth pulled up to create a smile..

I shook my head. God dammit Luke what was wrong with you?

I decided not to wake them up because I wanted to make breakfast first. I could make pancakes you know? So I made some and then I took a shower.

Lily's POV

I moaned to the smell of something like pancake, I guessed. I got out the mattress and woke Helen up. "Hey sweetie, wake up. You smell it? It smells so good."

She groaned and woke up. "Morning, Lily." She smiled. "Morning, beautiful. Come on, lets head out to the yummy-yum breakfast."

We headed to the kitchen and there were 2 plates full of pancakes. Wow. "Who made these?" I asked more to myself. "Luke's good at making pancakes." I nodded.

I ate the pancakes and closed my eyes and savour the food. Yum, it was really good.

Then I opened my eyes and caught something in front of me. "L-Luke! Put a shirt on!" I put my hands on my eyes so I couldn't see it. I mean, he was wandering around house with a freaking towel! What the hell was going on in his mind?

And sadly, a part of me wanted to see it.. His chest.. his stomach.. I hadn't had the chance to examine his shirtless bod- oh God! What was I thinking again?!

"Sorry I was just walking to the laundry room. But if you like what you see, don't try to deny it."

"Luke!" Helen giggled hearing it. Ugh, this guy!

"I need to go home now." I said to Helen. She frowned a bit, but then smiled. "That's a shame. But it's fine. Come again when you can, please? I'm happy when you're here!" How could I resist her request when she had all that adorable innocent look on her face? How old was she again? Ah, 9, right.

I wanted to stay longer here but school.. Well, I couldn't leave it could I? And it's not my house I couldn't just come over every now and then. Someone might see and think that I had a relation with Luke.

So I waved my final goodbye to Helen, "Lily, Luke can drive you home." She said before I left. I smiled at her, "no, it's fine. I'll just take a walk." She shook her head and crossed her hands over her chest. "Luke, you'll drive Lily home, right? You did that before." I took a glance at Luke and he shrugged, "Sure."

Helen grinned.

"So you can't say no to her, huh?"

Luke groaned, "I just wanna see her happy." Of course. He looked so happy around her, and so did Helen.

"It's like she's your weakness. You'll do anything for her. Just to see her happy."

"Yeah."

So Luke drove me home and left soon. I asked him if he wanted to stay for a while or not but he refused it.

"Hey, Lil. How did you get home?" My mom asked as soon as I came in.

"Um.. uh" saying Luke's name to my mom was hard enough for me. Why? Again, I didn't know. "Luke drove me.." and I lowered my head down.

"I want to see Luke. Can you get him here? I'm sure he's a good guy." Oh, if only you knew mom. If only you knew..

"I don't know mom.. he may be busy and stuff-"

"Please? You've never had a boy friend and I just wanna meet him."

I groaned in frustration. She really had no idea! "Ugh! Fine. I'll ask him. But if he doesn't wanna, then I won't beg him." I left to my room and took a shower before going to school.

I searched for Emily almost the entire school. You won't believe it but I did. She was nowhere to be found and she didn't answer my calls.

Emmy where the hell are you?

My eyes were focused on my phone until I bumped into someone. "God, sorry!"

I walked past him but she grabbed my hand, "Hey." I lifted my head up and saw Ashton, at least that's what I remembered, showing his smile to me. God it was beautiful.

"Hi!"

"It's Ashton, if you still remember." Yup. Ashton.

"Yeah, of course. Ashton." I gave him a friendly smile.

"You're looking for something?"

"Someone, my friend Emily. I don't know where in the world she is." He nodded and I continued, "But I think I don't need her anymore." I chuckled. "Well, where are you about to go somewhere?" He asked.

I shrugged, "I don't know. Um.. hey! What about ice cream? You wanna go to an ice cream shop with me?" His smile grew wider, "of course!"

"What do you want to have?"

"Um.. chocolate. What about you, Ash?"

"I'll have chocolate chip."

We were walking in the street. Ashton said his home wasn't that far from school, so he rode bike to school everyday. Not everyday, but you know what I mean. "Can I borrow your bike? I wanna go around!"

"Don't break it." He said. I rolled my eyes, "I won't." So I took his bike and started pedalling it. My bike was broken and I hadn't got the chance to repair it. This was fun. Ashton was giggling all the time seeing me on his bike. Was I that funny riding a bike?

I kept on pedalling the bike that I didn't notice the rock in front of me. So I fell down.

Ashton's laugh was getting louder and he came up to help me. "You suck." He stick out his tongue, "Just help me already!"

"Okay, okay Ms. Suck-at-riding-a-bike."

"Good mark, Mr. Glasses."

I let out a long sigh, "it was a long day!" I said to Ashton. It was evening and he walked me home, said that it wasn't good for a girl to walk alone in such late times.

It was annoying and nice at the same time. You didn't get to spend your time alone walking but you also got someone by your side who would make sure that you get home safe and sound.

"Yeah, I had a good time." He smiled. And I just realized that he had deep dimples, it was cute. "Thank you for walking me home."

"Of course. See you tomorrow?"

I smiled, "sure." He left and I walked in my house.

Ashton was so nice. He respected me like his good friend although we hadn't talked much at all.

With one last smile, I slept in peace.