Chapter 10 : The Past

Should I really ask Luke to come to my house? You know, since my mom asked me to do so. And she had never stopped bugging me these past few days. When did she become so annoying anyway?

I was now in Math class. And yeah Liz was teaching me again today. But this was the last time she taught me since Mr. Clarkson would be here again next week.

And the bell rang.

"Ms. Summer, can I talk to you for a second?" Liz asked me when i was about to leave. I nodded, "of course, what's it?"

She dug in her bag, searching for something. When she finally found it, she handed it to me, "Can you please give this to Helen? She really likes spaghetti I make." She said with a smile. But why didn't she give it herself? "I can't go anywhere since I have to finish some works I have before Mr. Clarkson is back" her statement answered my question. Well I had no choice.

"Okay, I'll give it to her." I smiled and took the lunch box she had. "Thanks so much."

I was sitting here at the bus stop for about ten minutes until the bus finally came. I was going to Luke's again. To give this spaghetti to Helen and.. maybe to ask Luke if he wanted to come to my house.

I got off the bus and walked to Luke's. It took me about two  minutes to get to his flat.

And there I was, standing at his door. I knocked twice until a voice answered me. "Wait a sec." It wasn't Luke's voice. Neither was Helen's.

It was a girl's voice.

Luke's POV

There was a knock on the door. I walked towards the door to open it. And there she stood. The last person I wanted to see in Seattle. "Hey, Luke." She smiled. Oh how I missed that smile. Then she took a step forward and hugged me. I missed being in her arms too. "Come in." I ordered.

"How did you get here, Clara?"

"I.. can I sit first?" She asked. I nodded and she sat on the couch. "I searched for your address for two weeks and finally I found you. I missed you Luke. I missed being with you. I missed it when it was just the two of us. I missed our moments together. I mi-"

I cut her off before she could finish it. "But you broke it all." She nodded slowly. She looked guilty this time. "You broke it when it was just the two of us. You broke all the time we were together. You broke our moments. You broke that time when I was yours."

She nodded again, "I know Luke. I know that. But I can't get you off my mind. I can't put aside the feeling I felt when I was in Paris. I was feeling guilty, Luke. I looked at our photos and I cried. I couldn't help it. I know I was wrong, very wrong.

I know what I did was wrong. I know that I loved you and I just went away and never listened to you. I'm sorry, Luke. I wasn't happy when I had to leave and I still had those feelings for you and up until now I can't change any of it." She cried. She was being serious. I knew it. And those words she said seemed genuine. But.. I can't just forgive and forget. It was a very rough time for me. She easily left me and never came back. And when I finally found my life here, she came back. And said that she missed me.

I didn't know. I didn't know what to do. I didn't know my feeling for her anymore. Yes, I missed her. But.. did I still love her?

I was in my room, leaving Clara in the living room. Good thing that Helen wasn't home. I need to think for a while before coming to Clara and say what I had to say.

I walked out of my room to grab a glass of water. But the sight I saw wasn't good at all. Lily was here, she was talking to Clara. God I might have a panic attack now. Wait.. but, why? Why did I have to panic knowing that Lily and Clara were here at the same time? Why did my heart beat faster? Why did it beat faster than when I talked to Clara?

Lily's POV

She said her name was Clara. She was Luke's ex. She said that she was sorry for leaving Luke. She said she missed him. And she said she still loved.. him.

Why did my heart beat faster? Why did it feel so wrong knowing that someone else loved Luke? Why did I feel so wrong? And most importantly, why did I even care?

I saw Luke holding a glass of water in his hands. I stood up and handed the lunch box to him. "Here. Your mom said this is for Helen. Spaghetti. I need to go now." I said it all without making eye contact with him. I was too afraid to look at his eyes. "Wait, Lil!" He called me when I was at his front door, "thanks." He said. And I left.

Then I felt the urge to cry. Why? Just why? Why did this happen? Why did I feel so clueless?

There were so much why questions in my head again. Why? Did I.. did I like him?

A/N : Sorry for the twisted POV, I just feel like it haha. So what do you think?
And again, thank you so much for you all who've read, commented and voted YOU. Thank you (:

Love,
A.