Chapter 17 : Left Out

Luke's POV

"Whoa I missed this place." I collapsed into my bed and closed my eyes. Being in the hospital wasn't good at all. It was no fun. And the smell of medicine just got me annoyed. That was disgusting.
After what felt like hours, I got out of the bed and met my mum in the living room. She was sitting alone on the couch. Good thing Clara was no longer here because as far as I knew she was accompanying my mum here. Or she just wanted to see me.

"Mum, I'm hungry.." I sat beside her and placed my head on her left shoulder. Well, no matter how old I was, I still loved being around my mum.
"Aw you little boy. Let me make some soup for you, okay?" She offered.
"Yay that'd be great! I'll wait here." I kissed her cheek before she could get up.
"You're such a kid."
I chuckled at her mark.

I sat there in boredom. I grabbed my phone and looked at the notifs bar. There were two new messages. I opened the first one and it was from Clara.

From Clara :
Hey, Luke. How are you feeling now? Call me when you need me, yeah?

I rolled my eyes. This wasn't important at all.
Then I went to open the other one and that was from Lily.

From Lily :
This is so unfair! How could you leave and make me pay your pancakes alone! Dumbass.

I laughed at her message.
Well, sorry Ms. Summer.

If you're wondering what happened earlier, let me tell you about that.

-Flashback-

I took a glance at her for once in a while and wow. She was really busy with the ice cream. Then I felt like I should test her out.
"Um.. Lily?"
She didn't speak.
"Lil?"
She stayed silent.
"Holy mother of your ice cream Lily!" I half-yelled at her. We were still in the hospital so you know why I couldn't really yell.
"Uh, I'm sorry, what?"
I just rolled my eyes and she grinned sheepishly. "Well whatever you wanted to say before, sorry, okay? This ice cream is seriously can't be left."
"Oh, the ice cream can't be left but I can, huh? Fine then. I'll go."
I stood up and walked back to my room. She called me but I pretended not to hear her. I let her pay for our food and well, she'd make me pay for what I did after this.

-Flashback ends-

Then I replied.

To Lily :
I felt left out by you and your ice cream :-(

From Lily :
Dude, quit acting like a child.

To Lily :
I am a child.

From Lily :
A child my ass.

Right when I was about to reply, another message arrived.

Can I come over?

Wow. I had never expected that to come from her. And without thinking any further, I replied.

To Lily :
Oh someone misses me already ;)
Come over then. You're welcome here, Lils.

From Lily :
Keep dreaming.
----------------------------
Where is she?
It'd been an hour and she hadn't even got here. I meant, even if she walked from her house to my place, it wouldn't take her this long. I couldn't help but have bad feelings about this. I kept hoping she was fine.

I sat on the couch, eating the soup my mum had made from me. She already left because she needed to take some rest. She couldn't sleep here since there was no room left. Beside mine of course, but you know I didn't let anyone go anywhere near it.

Then my phone rang.

Lily.

Finally! I picked it up.
"Hey, what's taking you so long? It's been ages I'm already covered by all the dust here."
I expected a comeback from her but the person on the phone said something else instead.

"Come find her, boy."