Chapter 12 : Worried

It was seven in the evening and I was having dinner with mom and Grey. We ordered pizza since mom just got home an hour ago so there was no food yet.
"Lil, you should take Luke to our house again. I didn't talk much to him yesterday." Mom spoke. Guess she started to get addicted to him.

"Mom, I can't just get him here like that. He'll probably be busy or maybe he'll babysit Helen or something. Then again, I don't really like him."

Okay, I practically lied at the last sentence. I did like him but it was.. I was afraid that I couldn't control myself around him.
Since I admitted my feelings for him, I couldn't get the thought of him off my mind. He was there all the time. I did hate him at first, but it was just because of his bad attitude. Yes, everything had changed. My thought of him had changed. But somehow I got a feeling that things won't always stay pink and dreamy and I don't want to get into trouble.

~

"I'm leaving now, mom. Grey, you'll drive me right?" I grabbed my shoes and put them on my feet on the next day. Ready to go to school.

"Of course."

"Bye, mom." I kissed her on the cheek and walked out.

"What's with this traffic? Oh God!" Grey complained. I slipped my head out of the window and saw something forward. There was a crowd.
It was like..

"There's an accident."

"Come on, why now?" He whined.

Then slowly the vehicles were moving.
Thank God, at least school wasn't too far from here. I'd be there in less than ten minutes.
We were still moving slowly. The crowd I saw before remained still and I was getting closer to it.
When the crowd was finally on my right side, I took a glance. I saw something. It was a car.. that car. And there was someone familiar beside the car.

Oh. No, no no no!

"Stop." I could barely hear my voice because I was too shocked.

"Why? What's wrong?" He asked me worriedly instead of stopping the car. God, he needed to stop.
"STOP!"

He pulled the brake and moved to the edge of the road slowly.
I hopped off the car and ran towards the spot. I shoved the people who blocked my way and stopped right where the victim lied down.

"What the hell are you doing?! Call the police! Ambulance!" I yelled.

God, what the hell had happened to him?

"They're on their way, Miss." Someone said.

Please God, please save him!

I moved forward and knelt beside him. "Luke, please be safe.."
My lips were trembling and my voice was shaking. Then the voice of siren echoed my ears as the ambulance came.
The nurses brought him into the ambulance and I went back to Grey's car and soon. He asked me, "what happened?"

"He.. Luke.. c-car accident.." I said stuttering. He widened his eyes, "Luke? He's your friend right?" He asked again. I nodded slowly, trying to hold back my tears. "Dammit! We need to hurry!"

I snapped my head at him and stared at Grey. He noticed the i-don't-get-it look I put on my face. "We need to go there, don't you think?"

"Y-yeah."

We arrived at the hospital and I rushed towards Luke. I saw him being carried by the nurses and I followed them.
I waited impatiently at the waiting room. God, please save him. Save him.
"Relax, sist. He'll be fine." Said Grey.

He'll be fine. He'll be fine.

"I hope so."

I felt something on my shoulder. Did someone just touch me? I groaned. I opened my eyes slowly. Uh, I was still at the waiting room. Wait.. I searched for Grey but he was nowhere to be found. Where was he? Then who was touching me earlier?

"Hey, Lil.." a soft voice called me.

I turned my head to my left and saw Luke smiling at me. He was wearing all white. Even his face was white, it was pale. "Luke? What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be there?" I pointed at his room.

He smiled again, "I just want to tell you that it was nice knowing you. I'm sorry if I was annoying to you all this time. But believe me, I don't hate you, at all. Now, if you let me, I'll go. It's time for me to go."

He faded away. "No.. no, no, no. What are you saying? Why? No you can't! You can't leave me, Luke. You have to come back! Luke!"

"Lily!" Grey yelled my name. I opened my eyes. "Grey? Luke.. is he.. is he okay? I.. I saw him.." I felt a warm liquid streaming down my face.

"Sshhh.. he's fine. The doctor came here when you were sleeping. He said there's nothing to worry about. There's an impact on his elbow and knee, but it's fine. He just needs some rest."

I let out a sigh of relief. Thank God he was fine.

"Can I see him?" He nodded. "But he's probably asleep so don't be too loud." I smiled at him. "Of course."

"Listen, I need to go to my friend's. He needs my help. Just call me if you wanna go home. I'll pick you up." He said.
"Of course. Thanks, Grey." I gave him a warm smile. He kissed my forehead and shook my hair, making it looked a little messy.
"Bye."

"Yeah, take care."

I walked towards the door and opened it slowly. Not wanting to wake him up. I stepped inside and sat on the chair beside his bed.

I stared at his face. He was fine. There was no scars on his face. Just a little stratch on his left arm.

I sat there for about twenty minutes until I decided to go to school.
I couldn't just skip school, right? At least, I had to get something. And I had to meet Emily too. To tell her about this.

So I took my bag and stood up before I heard a groan. I snapped my head at Luke. Was he awake? I waited for any more respond and yes. I saw him opening his eyes.

"Hell.. my head.." he touched his head then rubbed it.

"Ah, you're awake." I said.

"Huh? Lily? What are you doing here?" He scanned the room, "Where am I again?"
"You don't remember anything?" I asked him back. Then he looked like remembering something. "Uh.. There was that truck.."

"Yeah, you were in an accident." I cut him off.

"How did you know?"

"I passed by." I answered. Before he could say anything, I continued, "you were so.. not alive. Your face was pale. I thought maybe you wouldn't wake up. And I just had this dream, where you came to me and said that that was time for you to go.. And I didn't know what to do, so I just-"

"Sssh.." He soothed me. "Lily.. why.. why are you crying?" His question made me look straight at his eyes. I was.. crying? Why didn't I notice? I looked at him. He was so concern..

"I.. I don't know.. it's just, maybe.." I sighed, "I don't know.." I remained silent until I said "I need to go to school right now. I'll come again soon. After school maybe. So, yeah. See you soon." I turned my body and took steps away.

"Wait, Lil!" He stopped my track.

I spinned around and faced him. "Uh, thanks."

That made me smile. "It's okay, Luke." Then I continued my way.

I tried to process what just happened. I cried. Over him. In front of him even.

Hell this isn't right.