chapter 9

Yeona and Sunghoon roamed the hallways after class ended. Yeona went on and on about how cool his figure skating was.

"I don't think I could ever do that, I have terrible balance." Sunghoon chuckled.

"Do you really find it that cool?"

"Obviously, I wish I was good at that kinda stuff. It seems so cool." Yeona pouted. In the distance she noticed Karina walking with the some of the nct members, she smiled at her. Karina stopped in front of her.

"Hi Karina!" Yeona smiled, Karinas expression didn't change one bit. She coldly looked at Yeona, Yeona was confused.
"Is something wrong?" Suddenly, Karina used her hand to brush off the hair by her shoulder revealing the tattoo.

Yeona covered it with her hand.
"What the hell..."

Karina scoffed and glared at Yeona.
"So you ARE a member..."

"Member? I'm not part of them what are you talking about." Yeona looked at Karina speechless as she adjusted her hair back over her shoulder hiding the tattoo.

"Doesn't change the fact that you were part of them."
"yeah, WERE i'm not part of the-"

"Karina let's just go." One of the members, Jaemin stood by Karina looking down at Yeona.
"I think it's best if you stay away from us, Nam Yeona."

Right...I knew it was too good to be true.

Not wanting to show her sadness, Yeona walked through the two harshly shoving both of them in the process. Sunghoon awkwardly followed the enraged girl.

"what a fucking joke." Yeona mumbled to herself while dryly laughing.

"Are you ok? What was that about?" Sunghoon walked besides Yeona lost.

"Nothing. I have nothing to do with them."
Yeona wanted to quickly forget about it, she didn't wanna admit it but deep inside, she felt disappointed.
The two walked the halls aimlessly, both in their own thoughts until Sunghoon broke the silence.

"Do you... wanna go get ice cream or something?" Sunghoon asked in attempts of cheering her up.

"Ice cream? Isn't a bit cold for that though?"
"Well I always get ice cream whenever i'm sad."
"Sad? what makes you think i'm sad?"

"Well your friends there, didn't they like- break up with you?" Yeona laughed covering her mouth.

"No they aren't my friends, how could they be my friends when I met them yesterday." Sunghoon looked down while kicking the air underneath his feet.

"...you met me yesterday.." Sunghoon quietly mumbled.

"What was that?"
"Well you met me yesterday, does that mean we're not friends?" Yeona giggled at his innocent question.

"Obviously we're friends- I mean that it's easier to stop being friends with people you just met." Sunghoon nodded understandingly.

"Do you wanna get like hot chocolate instead?" Yeona suggested.

"But by the time we find somewhere, we'll be late for school."
"Fine, you can stay here i'll go on my own." Yeona walked in her own with no care whether she missed school or not.

"Wait!"
Sunghoon ran up to Yeona. He agreed that skipping just one day won't hurt, and so the two looked around trying to find some place to have their small treat.

After maybe 20-30 minutes of walking around distracted, they found a very pretty looking café where they decided to hang out for the time being

"How about this place?" Yeona pointed her finger at the Holly Café
It was an extremely pretty café, lots of greenery aesthetically pleasing decorations. The two walked in and ordered two hot chocolates. They seated in a booth that faced the window.

"This place is really nice, hey do you mind taking pictures of me?" Sunghoon held out his phone to Yeona who gave him a weird look.

"The fuck."
"No please! This is like a once in a lifetime moment you'll find an ACTUAL aesthetic café. Pleeaasseee!" Sunghoon clasped and rubbed his hands together pleading Yeona to take photos of him.

"Why? Do them yourself."
"No but it won't look nice if I just take selfies."
As Sunghoon was speaking, their drinks arrived and Yeona blowed on her drink to cool it down before drinking.

"Here here like this- i'm gonna look out the window drinking this and you take an off-guard photo of me!" Yeona snickered at his desperation to get a fake off-guard photo of him.

As her head rested on her hand looking at Sunghoon, she rolled her eyes using her other arm to grab his phone lazily holding it up in a crooked formation.

"One, two, three."
"Wait wait i'm not ready!" The sound of the camera shutter indicated Yeona had taken a photo. She pressed the photo to see how it came out.

"Phhht HAHA look at this." Yeona turned the phone over to show him the photo. It was definitely an off guard photo, just not the kind he exactly wanted.

His arm was blurred as it showed him reaching out to stop the photo, he was in the middle of blinking giving him the affect of small white eyes. His mouth was partly opened from talking before the photo was taken.

"Hey delete it." Sunghoon reached out trying to grab the phone from Yeona, Yeona quickly dodged his attempt.

"Wait but I like it it's funny!" Yeona looked at the photo once again laughing even harder.

"That's not funny..." Yeona looked at him noticing the lack of energy from his voice. She sighed loudly before deleting the photo.

"Fine, I deleted it." Sunghoon smiled brightly.

"Ah thank you!!" Sunghoon said. Yeona smirked as she held up her phone showing her the text she sent herself from Sunghoons phone.

"Not before sending it to myself..." She waved the phone teasingly in the air taunting him, he quickly stood up trying to grab the phone but Yeona was quicker.

"Please delete it!" Sunghoon looked at her desperately as Yeona laughed covering her mouth.

"Whyyy"
"You might post it..."

"Post it where? I don't use social media." Sunghoon gave her a shocked look.

"You don't? Are you serious?" Yeona nodded her head in response.
"You should create one! You would gain a lot of followers."

"What- no i'm not doing that." Yeona denied his suggestion while carefully sipping her hot chocolate.

"If you want, i'll help you take photos!"
"I already said no, it's not my thing, I don't have the energy to post often."

"You're so boring..." Sunghoon pouted as he took a sip from his drink.
"At least think about it. The reason you don't have friends is cause you don't use social media, start off on instagram."

"Wha- no I already said no, sheesh..." Yeona said while diverting her attention from him.