chapter 27

1 week later...

"Yeona talk to me."

Yeona unwillingly sat in the cold damp basement, the only light source which hung from a flimsy lightbulb, it was like getting kidnapped all over again.

Kai sat besides her trying to get her to talk, she has refused to speak at all ever since NCT left.

They wouldn't just leave me here, right? Jaemin, he wouldn't leave me here.

Yeona didn't want to accept it, it's been a whole week ever since that day and no updates have occurred. She wasn't sure if she was just holding on to false hope at this point.

They kept Yeona in the basement, planning just to completely brainwash her into believing she was part of EXO, but she was stronger than that and didn't give in.

Her chances of escaping were low, every single window and door in the base had alarms so sensitive that a simple tug would make all the alarm systems in the base go off.

"Yeona please just say something."

The entire time Kai was trying to get Yeona to speak, she was hugging her knees staring at the floor just thinking. He finally stood up realizing he was getting no where with her.

"I'll go get you some dinner." He left the room, the sound of the lock clicking was the last thing she heard.

She wanted to stay strong and not let them get at her but every single day that passes with no opening to escape just makes her feel more and more hopeless.

She could only do so much "hoping" until it's all just irrational beliefs that NCT would actually go looking for her.

She felt a sting on her side, where Baekhyun had beaten her. For days he would just come down whenever he felt bored and just beat her senseless, she was numb to it all at this point.

No one seemed to care whenever he would do that, she would die to Baekhyun before anything.

The sound of the lock clicking drew her attention to the door, the door swung open to reveal Chen.

He had a sad look of pity when he saw Yeona, although he's always wanted Yeona to come back to EXO, he didn't want it to go like this.

He had a plate of food in his hand, he walked down the steps to Yeona.

"Hi, Yeona."

She didn't answer.

"I have some food, please eat, you can't keep going without food."

She didn't answer.

Being that she wouldn't answer no matter how much he talked, he quietly left the food on the floor in front of her leaving the room.

Yeona had refused to eat the food out of spite the past days she's been locked up, she never understood why they wanted her so badly, even after everything they put her through.

Her vision became hazy, slowly she started losing her consciousness, being unable to hold herself up.

Time passed and no one had came to check on her, Yeona was getting weaker by the second. She pulled the tray of food towards her, it looked absolutely disgusting but it was edible.

She frantically wolfed down the food finally easing her hunger, it tasted absolutely disgusting but it was something.

She threw the tray to the side after finishing, crawling straight back to the spot she was always at.

Everything hurt, her entire body throbbed of pain sending shocks of stinging knife like waves through her body every single time she moved, she felt like she was dying.

Slowly, her vision became blurry, everything around her swayed and danced, and that was all she saw right before darkness consumed her.

*BANG*

Yeona slowly opened her eyes to the sudden sound, she blinked her eyes trying to fully wake herself up. She had found herself passed out on the cold floor, with no knowledge of time or what was going on.

The next thing she knows, the door knob rattling, swinging open to reveal a silhouette, she was unable to figure out who it was at first glance.

She was too weak to sit up, feeling like she was going to pass out once again any second.

The person suddenly ran towards her, hovering above her now, she realized who it was.

"Yeona, oh my god, Yeona are you alright? Can you stand?"

Jaemin, it was Jaemin. He came.

"Jaemin?" She asked, wondering if she was dreaming.

"Yes, it's me, oh my god you're alive, come on we have to go." Jaemin helped her to stand reaching out his hand, Yeona struggled to get herself up, she grabbed his extending arm for support.

Finally standing up, her legs felt wobbly, her head suddenly started spinning, almost tumbling over until Jaemin helped her stand straight.

Not being able to hold her emotions, she threw herself on Jaemin hugging him tightly.

"It's been so long, I thought y-you wouldn't come." She sobbed on his shoulders, releasing everything bottled up inside of her.

She was scared of what EXO would do to her, only ignoring them all to not piss them off.

Jaemin was stunned at first, before he wrapped his arms around her hugging her tighter than ever before.

"I'm sorry, I tried I really did, i'm so sorry I didn't come sooner." Jaemin replied sorrowfully as tears welled up in his eyes.

"I thought I was actually stuck here, I was so sure you guys didn't bother looking for me..." Yeona admitted sadly as she released from the hug.

"I'm sorry we took so long, we need to get you out of here, let's go." Yeona nodded as Jaemin took her hand leading her out of the damp dark basement.