six

when alaska woke up in the morning melanie and zach were acting off, like they were hiding something. alaska brushed it off thinking they were playing it cool that they had smashed earlier before alaska woke up.

alaska thought of the first time daniel ever said the words 'i love you' she cringed and squeezed her eyes together tightly.

'i love you'

the same words made her ears ring.

'fucking liar'

"hey."

she jumped again, and spun around on her heel.

"jesus christ." she hissed, facing zach and melanie. "you guys need to stop sneaking up on me like that."

melanie shrugged. "don't wanna be rude but you look like shit."

alaska rolled her eyes and the two and began walking to the door because they were going to go to starbucks per alaska's request. "thanks." alaska grumbled. "feel like shit."

"you gonna do it?" zach asked.

"do what?"

"break up with daniel."

alaska's shoulders sagged. "god mela, i really don't want to talk about that right now."

"alright, alright i'm sorry." melanie said putting her hands up in surrender and looking down. "umm i'll change the subject, so the girls wanted to meet up at starbucks you want to go to and mela might invite one of her old friends..."

alaska groaned. "melaaaa. what the fuck?"

melanie looked at alaska and took a deep breath, "alaska he's amazing, i've know him since we were kids a-and he's going through a hard time too and-"

"excuse me...HE?!" alaska said with frustration in her voice, "god, mela you know what i'm going through, yet you go out and want me to meet a new guy? what the hell?!"

melanie looked down and went quiet and walked out of the room to her bedroom, "alaska, melanie didn't mean to upset you, she only wanted to help you by giving you someone who can relate." zach said calmly.

alaska rolled her eyes and grabbed her phone and wallet along with her keys and left leaving zach with a look of disappointment.

"dammit alaska."

---

alaska got to the starbucks and groaned, "why is the line this long already?" alaska rolled her eyes and opened her phone to text zach.

hey i'm at starbucks what does the guy mela set me up with look likeread

the guy mela set me up with look like
read

zach
read

zachary
read

WHAT THE HELL
read

calm the fuck down- don't get your panties in a twist

fuck you herron

i love you too alaska

anyway he's in a black sweatshirt and ripped light blue jeans, oh and he has black hair

sounds sketchy

stfu he's hot now do what you need to do

tell mela she's a little bitch
read

what are you gonna do herron i'm just stating facts
message not delivered

---

alaska rolled her eyes and played on her phone until she ordered her chai tea latte along with a birthday cake cake pop, alaska sat down and waited for her mysterious meeting to start.

alaska felt a headache growing. not know if it's guilt or just stress she rested her head in her hands closing her eyes. the chatter in the starbucks acting as white noise as it started lulling her. she was calming down, least it was until she felt a tap on her shoulder.

she took her head out of her hands rubbing her fingers, and squinting her eyes, the natural light too bright as it fell around the person who tapped her shoulder like a halo. she blinked a few times, the person finally coming into focus.

cole king.

holy fuck he's hot.

cole stood in front of her with a wide smile, his smile making her swoon on the inside.

"alaska? it's me cole. cole king, you might not remember me but let me say, you're beautiful."

alaska found his smile contagious and for the first time that day, you found yourself with a genuine smile upon your own lips, it was small, but nevertheless, it was there.

"mela and zach told me you were going through some stuff, if you feel comfortable do you wanna tell me?"

alaska smiled and looked at her hands, "i-i've just been thinking a lot about a relationship where it's only me putting effort in, a-and yeah."

cole gave her a small smile and opened his hand, "let's go for a walk." alaska looked at him hesitantly before taking his hand and shyly let go of it.

a/n
BRO JOSH RICHARDS IS HOT