twenty-five

[ a few months later ]

"wait- is this thing on- fuck, i think i might need a new camera already- never mind , there's the light," the screen is shaky before daniel's bright and smiling face makes it into frame. he was sitting on his couch, "okay hi! so it's been a while since my last video-"

"yeah, where you cried like a bitch," melanie's voice called out off screen.

daniel' head snapped to the side in her direction, "alaska told you?"

"she's my best friend, of course she told me."

daniel rolled his eyes, looking back at the camera in his hand, "whatever. anyway, i wanted to get back into the habit of recording again, so let's start with a few updates.
First, we finally released the album," he smiled, holding up his album in vinyl, "Like we literally just released the vinyl - like a half hour ago.

second, jordan finally knows about corbyn liking her-"

"kinda always knew," she said off screen blushing profusely.

"yeah but i knew first," jack's voice grumbled off screen as well.

"anyways, yeah. so the trip to boa was pretty fucking crazy with hollywood fix and all that but obviously that isn't the news you're probably waiting for."

"you keep saying you, like someone other than you and alaska are ever gonna watch those videos," jonah said.

"shut up," daniel hissed, "you're literally gonna spoil it- but speaking of alaska," daniel looked behind the camera, waving his hand in a come here motion.

a second later, alaska's smiley face entered the frame as she tackled daniel in a hug, staring at the camera, "guess who's back~" she sung in a sing songy voice.

daniel looked over at her with a fond look in his eyes, grinning widely at her. she quickly glanced at him, noticing the look and leaning in to press her lips against his.

"ugh," lori groaned, "c'mon show a little self control. everyone is here."

"yeah," zach agreed, "wouldn't have a problem with it if you two weren't doing that every five seconds. i feel like you guys have been going at it like rabbits since you started dating again."

the two of them pulled away and alaska looked into the camera, "oh trust me, we definitely are," she winked.

"princess," daniel gasped with a laugh, "you can't say that.

what if christian finds this."

"he'd probably make us leave the door open when we hang out like your mom did when we were fifteen."

"yeah , so stop saying things like that. now come," he said, motioning for her to sit between his legs.

she moved so she was, daniel's free arm coming to wrap around her waist and rest his chin on her shoulder.

"okay," he started, "so basically a lotta shit happened.

few months ago alaska broke up with cole and decided that we could be friends again, after that talk we had in jack's closet together. so we were, and not gonna lie, it was kinda weird doing the friend thing again after dating for so long."

she snorted, "yeah, there were so many times you almost wrapped your arm around me when we were just sitting next to each other."

"i'm sorry! it was just weird. but i got used to it. so we stayed like that for so fucking long," he groaned.

she raised an eyebrow, looking back at him, "i know you're not complaining about that right now."

"i'm just saying- it felt a bit longer than necessary." he mumbled.

"yes. which is exactly how i knew you'd be able to handle a relationship again."

"alright fine. you have a point. you wanna say what happened next?"

"sure. we went on the trip to boa which was a whole 'nother shit show. but daniel came up with a plan to ask me out and it was kinda a mess, but i blame hollywood fix for that more than daniel. i of course said yes though, he was just so cute and sweet about it too."

"mhm," he hummed, "and the face christian made when she saw us coming off the plane holding hands was absolutely priceless."

"yeah, and i swear he started crying on the car ride to your apartment when i called you pretty boy in the car." alaska smiled.

"could say that about me too when you called me pretty boy back at boa after i asked you out."

"love my pretty boy," she hummed.

daniel hugged her tighter, and kissed her again, "love my princess."

"so, you two are just gonna skip over the fact that you joined the mile high club on the plane ride back from. ew york?" zach asked.

both of them looked passed the camera, jaws dropping.

"how did you-"

"oh please," elise cut alaska off, "the people even in first class knew. still can't believe you two couldn't even keep it in your pants til we got back to la."

"hey, it was a long plane ride," daniel said, "and after all the shit that happened between us i think we deserved to join the mile high club."

alaska blushed, shrinking back into daniel, "yeah, you're gonna have to upload this to your computer immediately, and make sure christian never finds this."

he pressed a kiss to her temple, "yeah, especially if they keep talking about that-"

"you two had sex on a plane!" lori suddenly yelled sarcastically.

"shut uppppp," she groaned.

"yeah, you're making this unnecessarily more inappropriate than it has to be. i just wanna tell the story."

"it's funny for me though," she laughed.

"whatever," daniel grumbled, looking back to the camera, "anyways, alaska and i are gonna start going to the cabin in oregon in the fall and so far things have been going really well. we've been together for almost a two months now and things have gone back to normal again."

alaska smiled, turning to look up at him, "yeah," she hummed.

daniel looked back at her, not being able to resist kissing her again. the two of them ignored the groans from the girls and boys as the kiss got a bit more heated.

"guysssss," daniel started, pulling away from her, "might wanna head out. me and alaska are gonna go at it like rabbits again," he cracked a smile, making her laugh.

their friends groaned even louder, "fine, meet us at the restaurant no later than eight," jordan said.

shuffling could be heard in the background as they left.

daniel quickly turned back to the camera, "so yeah- we're back together again and everything's been a lot easier now. i'll make another video later. bye~"

- the end