seventeen

it was one of the longest and most painful weeks of daniel's life.

daniel had grown up experiencing a lot of heart ache but this, this hurt in an entirely new way and he had no idea what to do with himself. he's lost loved one's throughout his life, but he's never lost anyone that he's had to see again every. single. day.

he couldn't bring himself to do anything anymore. eating, showering, he couldn't sleep, let alone patrolling. it had even popped up in wdw tea rooms on instagram about daniel's absence, but he just didn't care anymore.

if it wasn't for the boys, the girls, and his brother, he would've just been rotting away in his bedroom in that maroon hoodie of alaska.

daniel regretted asking if alaska wanted to get back together, why in the world did he think it would've been that easy.

he grew up with her and if there was one thing about her it was that she was stubborn when she put her mind to something.

he had ended up stalking both alaska and cole on instagram. he felt himself die a little every time she posted about the other, but what felt even worse was the realization that she had deleted every post daniel was in, that night he spent two hours straight just crying.

but what felt so backwards to him was that now that it was saturday night and it was the first time all week that he didn't get to see alaska in person, instead of that making him feel better at all, all he wanted to do was go and see her, even if it did hurt.

he just really missed her.

and when he saw her picture on his nightstand... he couldn't resist.

he fought every thing in his head that screamed how bad of an idea this was and in the first time in a week, he put on his jacket and shoes. but instead of calling someone to get his head straight, he just got in his car and drove to alaska's.

daniel glanced at his reflection in the mirror in his bedroom after having just slipped on his shoes, keys in hand. he looked like a wreck but he couldn't care less, and with a sigh he walked out his room, anna, his sister, suddenly standing.

"hey dani." anna's sweet voice greeted. "it's been a while, is everything okay?"

"not really." he responded, heading over to the front door, anna following. "i'll tell you later." he mumbled, making his way to his car.

"we're gonna visit alaska" and with that he jumped into his car with anna.

anna fell silent on the drive there, which wasn't too long, alaska only lived a few buildings away.

once daniel had reached the house next to alaska's, he walked to the tree that he climbed when he'd sneak in. before the two of them dated and alaska found out that daniel was in a band, her family moved out to where he was so the kids could stay close, daniel would sometimes sneak in to check in on alaska after he came back from tour, something about being stressed then going to see alaska safe and sound always comforted him, and he found that the tree next to her house, as creepy as it sounds, had the perfect view into her window. and viewing her from the tree was much more inconspicuous than hanging out under her window.

"why are we visiting alaska?" anna asked, once daniel reached the branch that he could sit on. "i thought you said she broke up with you?"

"she did." he answered sadly. daniel walked to the edge of the branch, alaska's bedroom window coming into view. "i just wanted to see her." he crouched down on the branch so he was sitting while his legs dangled over the edge.

"dani?"

"hm." he hummed.

"do you miss alaska?"

"..yeah i do... a lot actually." he mumbled.