fourteen

the alarm clock on christian's nightstand rang loudly, like it did every monday morning. with a groan he had rolled over and turned it off. he pushed his comforter off of him and dragged himself out of bed and into the kitchen.

something felt off and with a yawn he realized it was because daniel wasn't up yet, which was unusual for him because he was always up before him.

he sighed and ran a hand through his hair before turning around on his heel and back down the hallway, towards daniel's room. he'd knew he'd probably want to stay home but he also knew he had missed too many days of rehearsals already, and any more would result in him losing time to get ready for zoom performances.

christian quietly pushed open his bedroom door and stepped in. daniel looked awful as he laid in bed sleeping, and christian knew he probably just fell asleep around an hour ago. it killed him to have to make him go to rehearsals when he was in such bad shape, but other than the fact that he wouldn't be able to bond with the guys more, staying in this environment was dangerous for him.

for the last two days daniel had been an absolute wreck. he barely got any sleep, he hadn't showered, and if it wasn't for christian he wouldn't have been eating either.

after christian had come back saturday night from his friend's place upstate, he'd had found daniel on the couch in tears while harry potter played on the tv in front of him. he was wearing the same hoodie from the night before with the same pink blanket, only now he was sitting in a pile of a bunch of alaska's other belongings too, and christian realized he must've searched his room for anything that was alaska's. there were tissues scattered everywhere and a bunch of polaroid pictures daniel took of alaska were on the coffee table. and when he went over to the sink, he realized that he hadn't had anything to eat by the lack of dishes. the weather had reflected his mood, as it poured the entire day and night.

after that he forced daniel to eat a sandwich and he helped clean up the mess he made in the living room. he didn't know how long he had stayed up that night, but he was woken up throughout the night by daniel's sobs.

and on sunday he had stayed holed up in his bedroom, in and out of sleep. when he was up he was either looking through videos or pictures of them, while daniel blasted her and his song on repeat for the entire day, (which drove christian crazy).

christian frowned, looking down at his brothers sleeping face. he was still in alaska's hoodie and still wrapped up in her blanket. his eyes had dark bags under them and were still swollen. his hair was a mess as it stood up in a dozen different directions, and christian was going to have to talk him into taking a shower.

he bit his lip, and gently shook daniel's shoulder. "dani?" he said softly, and daniel groaned, blinking his eyes open. "daniel, c'mon you have rehearsals."

daniel's eyes shot wide open, now completely awake, he had been planning on staying in all day and skipping rehearsals and he thought christian had figured it out. "w-what no- i can't, i wanna stay home."

"daniel." he said firmly. "you already know you can't miss any more days of rehearsals."

"then i won't play for a while- please, i just wanna stay home."

christian ran a hand through his hair again. "please daniel, i want you to get out for a little bit, you've been inside for three days now."

"but she's gonna be there." daniel whined.

"guess what bro, she's gonna be there for the rest of your life. you can't stay inside all that time either. now get up and take a shower, you don't wanna be late." he said, yanking the blanket off of daniel, and swiftly leaving the room so he could get ready for the day himself.