eight

[ two weeks later ]

the weeks moved along slowly, as it usually, on thursday alaska went to her usual starbucks her and daniel used to go to, preparing to sit on zach and melanie's couch again and watch documentaries as they went on their usual date. as alaska kept dreading on her decision to break up with daniel or wait for things to get better. and she continued to mope through every day, wishing she could talk to someone who understood. the only thing that made her feel better was the fact that she had actual concrete plans after her starbucks, which had been a first in a long time now.

but still... it wasn't with daniel.

"alaska!" her head snapped away from her phone where she watched tiktoks, and towards the front of the line in surprise as the barista called out her name. she felt a blush rise to her cheeks realizing that the barista caught alaska saying her thoughts out loud about daniel, more specifically the steamy ones.

"um- y-yeah?" alaska stuttered out nervously.

the barista, bella, glanced between alaska and the stranger behind alaska a couple times before asking, "your usual alaska?"

alaska looked to the board, high on the wall, the new spring flavors and concoctions, the blackboard dancing with colors, just swimming in her brain making her cock her head to the side. so with a smile alaska said, "no."

bella hummed, "what do you wanna order?"

alaska internally groaned not wanting to talk anymore. "strawberry açaí refresher please."

now the thing with bella was that she was kind of a hopeless romantic with a very pathetic love life. and in order to compensate for that she sometimes liked to get herself involved with her usual customers relationships. not to a weird extent or anything that could get her in trouble, it usually consisted of her trying to act like cupid for a few minutes before she'd eventually launch into another sad story about her girlfriend- or ex, alaska supposed. and seeing the way that she glanced alaska saying her memories with daniel out loud, alaska knew what the conversation with bella when her break started would be about.

once alaska's order was called, signalling the lunch break for bella, alaska watched as the other employees hurried to get orders whilst alaska hung back in her seat watching the chaos. alaskas eyes fell to her wallpaper of her and daniel, staring at him longingly, as the screen faded to black.

"so..." bella started as soon as the other employees started to take orders, " daniel seavey hm?" alaska stood up out of her seat and grabbed her bag.

alaska looked to bella, confusion written all over her face. "what?" alaska asked as she sat backdown so bella could speak.

"something tells me the reason you've been depressed recently has to do with seavey."

alaska rolled her eyes. "he's my boyfriend bells."

"huh.." she paused, as if in thought. "oh." she said coming to some sort of realization, before a look of sympathy crossed her features. "i'm assuming you two hit a bit of a rough patch then, don't worry, i know the feeling. i used to give the same look to my wife when she wasn't looking but then eventually she 'left'..and well, you know how that wen-"

alaska put up her hand, stopping bella from continuing. "bells, thank you for the concern, i appreciate it, really. but i have someone waiting for me, so i have to go."

"oh..alright. i'll see you on thursday. good luck with daniel, i'm sure you'll figure it out. but silently begging with your eyes won't help, i would know."

"okay! bye bells." alaska said, quickly hurrying out of the room before bella could go on.

alaska practically threw the starbucks door open, just to hear a loud thud and a pained groan as the door swung right back into her.