ten

it had been three weeks since alaska had broken up with daniel. three long painful weeks of trying to get over daniel while also being asked by what seemed to be the entire population of limelight's, "what happened?" most of them had been under the assumption the two hadn't been together for a while, but once they realized alaska had dropped him altogether, they couldn't help but ask.

but her answer was always the same, "we just grew apart."

however in a surprising turn of events, her saving grace ended up being cole. as planned the two of them met up the saturday after she broke up with daniel and the night had turned from completing the college applications and resumes to alaska venting about the break up, with cole listening attentively.

and the monday after the break up, daniel had stuck to her word and hadn't said a single syllable to her, in fact he hadn't even glanced her way, which she hated to admit really fucking hurt. she know what she'd said, but this just further proved her thought that he wasn't in love with her anymore. but nonetheless, no words were spoken to each other which made her lunch pretty awkward, for her at least. because she decided not to sit in her usual spot, the girls were out on some dates with the boys so they were out that day so she ended up taking a seat at an empty table in starbucks and ate her lunch by herself, ignoring the glances sent your way. she ate for about ten minutes in silence before cole had come over, asking if he could sit with her. she easily agreed, since she'd rather eat her lunch with someone rather than by herself and she did really enjoy cole's company, it was also an excuse to make sure everything in her college applications were done, but deep down she knew there was a part of her that just wanted to spite daniel.

in the weeks to come she found comfort in the girls, corbyn, zach, jonah, and jack since they were still her best friends, but she also found herself getting closer to cole more and more.

cole was a breath of fresh air, and even after the two of them completed their college preparation courses which alaska had ended up getting a few acceptance letters on, he still wanted to spend time with her. of course alaska knew part of his reasoning was because he still had a bit of a crush on her but she also knew that he just wanted to genuinely be her friend. he helped her through her break up and on certain days where she felt like she could barely get out of bed he would end up skipping college meetings entirely and making sure she were okay instead.

she was in shock really, of how easily cole was able to get your mind off daniel, and it was a great feeling for her mind to not be consumed by him anymore. the more time she spent with him during her lunch, the more she noticed her mind not being drawn to daniel anymore. so she actually ended up getting really close with cole in those few weeks, closer than she ever thought she could be with him.

unfortunately elise caught on. she told alaska it was a dangerous game she was playing, because she believed that alaska was going to end up using cole as her rebound. but quite frankly, alas didn't care. she wasn't pursuing a relationship, she was going to him for comfort, and yes maybe there were a few lingering touches and maybe there was some playful flirting, but she just broke up with daniel not that long ago, and she wasn't one of those girls that just moved onto the next guy... well, at least that's what she believed.

but quite honestly... it wouldn't hurt to have a boyfriend that treated her the same way cole did.

she was actually happy for once.

meanwhile daniel on the other hand had been going through the motions after the break up quite differently.

but to put it simply... daniel just felt numb.
he ignored the pain and emerged himself into the whole band that much more. he spent his days producing from the minute he got out of bed to the early hours of the morning. he ignored the break up. he refused to think about it too long, and bottled up all of his feelings on the matter.