nine

it was needless to say alaska barely got any sleep that night. she was restless, as she ran scenario after scenario on how she would break up with the boy she had been with for three years. she had also stayed up because the second she did fall asleep, she knew the next moment when she opened her eyes, she would be that much closer to doing the one thing she never dreamed of.

but here she was anyway, 7:30 on a Friday morning, hair a mess, bags under her eyes, still in her pajamas, and that much closer to finally getting it over with.

every step she took as she approached jack house felt like she were in a funeral march. time seemed to have dragged on endlessly as the pounding of her heart was deafening in her ears, but once she knocked on jack door and stepped in she was back in the present. the loud buzz of the zach wrestling with corbyn in the corner and the girls chatter filling her ears.

"hey loser." alaska jumped as lorelei had sidled up next to her. she narrowed her eyes at alaska. "what is wrong with you?" she asked, taking in alaska's appearance and her jumpiness.

alaska swallowed, and shook her head. "didn't sleep well." she muttered in an attempt to shake off the attention lorelei was giving her.

"bullshit." she simply answered. lorelei stopped in the middle of the living room and grabbed alaska's arm, dragging her to the kitchen and making alaska face her. "you look awful, you're wearing pajamas, your hair's a mess, your eyes are red and you have crazy dark bags under them and-"

"alright, can we not do this in the middle of the kitchen." alaska said impatiently as she pulled lorelei to where the rest of the girls. "and i get it... i look like shit."

"yeah, so what happened."

"noth-"

"bull. shit." she said slowly as she cut alaska off. "what happened."

alaska sighed and looked around to see if any of the boys was overhearing as she blinked back a set of tears. "i've decided i'm gonna do it." she said, looking back at the girls.

elise furrowed her eyebrows, "wait...you don't mean..?" she trailed off. not even the girls, the most forward and honest people alaska knew, could treat this situation the same way they did with everything else.

alaska nodded, looking down at her feet.

"oh." lorelei simply said. "..when?"

"tonight." alaska answered. "i haven't asked if i could come over yet, but i just- i need to get it over with tonight."

teagen placed a comforting hand on alaska's shoulder, which she greatly appreciated, knowing teagen was never a touchy kind of person. "well good luck, i guess." the girls muttered. "lets get our stuff and see if corbyn and zach will be out comic relief."

the girls and alaska headed to the big back yard to watch the action of jack and zach play wrestling.

alaska kept glancing down the backyard for daniel as she tried to watch the laughter of corbyn and jonah towards jack and zach. she stiffened once she saw a familiar mop of blonde hair.

alaska quickly turned back to watch the boys get drunk and laugh. her heart was racing as she waited for him to approach. the plan for right now was when he came by you were going to ask if she could come over around six. christian ususlly served dinner at six thirty, and it tended to be the easiest time of the day to get ahold of daniel due to the fact he was out at the studio before and after dinner. but still it was a gamble, because as of lately he had been skipping dinner a lot since christian knew that daniel was stressed out by making beats and writing song to be at dinner on time.

"hey- why are you in pajamas?" daniel asked, stopping next to you.

"woke up late- didn't have time to change." alaska mumbled quickly, as she turned to him. "um- look i-"