THIRTY SEVEN - The 76th Annual Hunger Games

YOUR POINT OF VIEW

The rebels have taken out the outer rim of the Capitol, reducing it to rubble and forcing citizens to flock to the center of the city.

It wasn't a quick thing, it took quite a few days actually, years in the whole grand scheme of things, but they managed to succeed-- or so they thought.

Snow expected them to do this, now that all of the districts no longer head to his power, and he was ready for it.

So after the initial fighting in the outskirts of the Capitol was over, and the rebels had retreated to suit up for the last push of the rebellion, Snow got his game makers to create some exciting surprises.

He is turning the Capitol into the 76th annual Hunger Games.

As I walk to his office after he summoned me, I know he has one more trick up his sleeve, another task for me to complete. His one last mission for me.

"Good afternoon, Miss Abernathy." He greets me from behind his desk with a smile, the most calculating I've seen yet. "I have one last task I need you to complete." He says, just as I expected.

I figure it is another board member, I have killed six now. Perhaps an unfaithful peacekeeper, I've killed a handful of those for him too. All with my pretty silver dagger.

But as Snow pulls out a gun from behind his desk, a sniper rifle, I know this can't be a usual killing. This one is important, vital to the Capitols win, or Snow's revenge at least.

Next he pulls out a bracelet, a cuff of a sorts. It's sleek and looks like it's made out of some sort of black metal. And then he speaks "This cuff shows all of the pods throughout the outskirts of the Capital, all of my game makers surprises." He draws slowly. "It also shows the location of your next targets, a group of soldiers."

"Soldiers? Are they Capital?" I ask, something is off about this whole thing.

Snow stands, approaching me with the items, the gun and the bracelet. He hands them to me gingerly as if they were made of glass, the metal is ice, as are his fingers that brush against mine only momentarily. 

"They are new group of rouges from the city, they threaten my power." Snow's voice is as cold as the metal I grasp, and his fingers that now rest upon his mahogany desk. "They call themselves squad 451, take them out, and perhaps I will let your friends live when I win this war."

He's taunting me, threatening me with bait he knows I'll take.

And even though I don't entirely believe he will keep them safe, but it's my only option here. So I grasp whatever I can get.

"I don't know how to shoot a gun." I say as my answer, but still it's a yes.

"That's alright, I'll get someone to give you a quick lesson before you depart." He smiles, satisfied. I answered exactly how he wanted me to, exactly how he expected me to.

»»---------------------►

Within the hour I am trained to shoot  the sniper rifle reasonably well, and suited up in a protective body suit. It is similar to that of the Mockingjay, but more high-tech. I don't need the bullet proof vest like Katniss, because the entire skin tight suit is resistant to all weapons-- though I bet fire, or a really strong person with a chainsaw would be able to cleave through the fabric. The outfit is even fitted with boots that make no sound as I pad down the deserted streets.

The bracelet he gave me projects a map of the Capital, highlighting all of the pods, waiting around almost every street corner. I alone am small enough alone to sneak past most of them, but if a group of people were to go by they'd be blown up, shot to death, or doused in corrosive acid.