16: Milkshake♥️

Inspired by "Milkshake" by Kelis 🔥

••••

Omniscient P.O.V,

*play music while reading

"Y/N, you're moving too slow! Chop! Chop!" Andrew, the general manager of Tasty's Blooming Diner, yelled at Y/N.

"Sorry!" Y/N replied.

Today was Friday, which was one of the most busiest days of the week at Tasty's Blooming Diner. Although it meant more money in the pockets for the staff, it also came with the heavy amounts of stress with high demanding customers!

Y/N is a hardworking full time waitress, and she has been there for 4 years. Please don't laugh at her because of her circumstances. She has had a pretty hard life ever since the death of her grandmother, which is the woman that has been raising her for her whole entire life. She died just days after Y/N graduated from high school, and this forced Y/N to forget about going to community college. Y/N already had to forget going to her dream school since she couldn't afford the tuition costs even on a payment plan, then she had to give up community college to get a job that will help her pay for the expenses of keeping the house that she lives in that before belonged to her grandmother up until her passing.

Tasty's is the only place that she was able to have at least a little longevity as she had experienced workplace bullying at her other jobs before. She still experiences it at the diner now, but it's honestly not as bad as it was at the other jobs she has had.

She wasn't necessarily the best waitress there, and she was honestly shocked that she hasn't been fired yet. They are always short staffed though...

Tasty's look just like the traditional diners that are on movies and tv shows.

It's built just like the one on her favorite movie "A Cinderella Story

It's built just like the one on her favorite movie "A Cinderella Story." The atmosphere is kind of like iHop...just straight ghetto! The employees are mostly women, and there's drama almost everyday between everyone because the waitresses that have been there longer see themselves as better than everyone.

Whenever there's a cute man or cute group of men that come through for a meal, it's complete chaos. The competition between the waitresses start, and they fight over who takes the table. The diner is down the street from a very popular night club, so they come in very often on the weekends.

"Y/N, your table needs their drinks," Yasmine, a fellow waitress, said.

"Ok," Y/N said while grabbing 2 hot plates that have 12 oz steaks on each of them.