11: Let Me Explain♥️

Inspired by "Let Me Explain" by Bryson Tiller 🔥

••••

Donald,

*play music while reading

May 17, 1996

"You're not fucking listening to me!" Alexis rolled her eyes and complained.

"My bad," I said.

She sighed. "All I get is a 'my bad?!' I'm over here talking about important shit, and you just — "

Moping through the cafeteria doors with a huge bag of Chick Fil A in her left hand, I spot Y/N in a less spirited state. Her face is blank and dull. Usually, she would have her friends with her to sit with during this time. She is by herself now, which is pretty peculiar. Y/N slammed the food bag down on a far-away table and plopped on a seat.

"Oh, just look at her!" Alexis laughed, referring to Y/N. "Now I see why you dropped her as a prom date. She's getting fat! And she really isn't that popular like us, anyway. No one would care if she was there."

Not wanting to argue, I did not say a word at Alexis' cruel choice of words. I would have clapped back at her by saying she is actually my second choice and I did not want to go with her in the first place, but I need a date for tomorrow and I can not afford to lose another one. Even though I'm definitely not happy with going with Alexis, having her is better than having no date at all.

"...And I bet her hair fake." Alexis added.

Speaking of fake hair, Alexis' hair is store bought...

More children came to swarm the cafeteria and fill in the once-empty tables. Across the room, I seen my friends walk in.

"I'll be right back," I quickly got up from my seat in front of Alexis really fast.

I'm glad that my friends came at the perfect time. There was no way I could stand being with her for another second. This is an opportunity for me to get away from her once and for all!

"Guys! Thank the lord you guys are here!" My emotions are different now that I have them in my sight.

"You got some shit to tell us, don't you?" Joel asked. "Sit down and spill, bro."

"It's nothing! I swear! I just missed y'all!" I hesitated to tell them my real answer, and I really did try to play it off by joining them and plastering a fake smile on my face.

Stephan rubbed his hands together and said, "You're going to prom with Alexis, with the ass that's as big as Texas! You're so lucky. She was my first choice."

'I wish I could get rid of her!' I screamed in my head.

"I'm excited." I put on a lie.

"Man, me too. First, it's gonna go down tonight! Then, we got tomorrow night. And THEN, we got after the prom. Hotel room on lock," Joel started to daydream about what was to come.