1: Four Page Letter♥️

Inspired By "4 Page Letter" by Aaliyah 🔥

••••

Y/N,

*play music while reading
*I deeply apologize for the blurry old photo(s)

My heart jumped with joy as the graduation ceremony got started. I literally couldn't stop smiling down at my white gown. Graduates of Distinction wore white, while the other students wore the red cap and gowns. I've worked more than just hard to become one, and so did the other twenty people. Besides, it was an honor to be labeled as one.

All twenty one of us had to write our own little speech and responsibly read it to the audience. Inappropriate words weren't allowed and neither were negative comments towards another student and/or faculty member. It seemed like freedom of speech was taken away from us. At this point, I'm just ready to move on to what adulthood has to offer.

Was I nervous about speaking in front of hundreds of people? Not really. My parents and the family that got a chance to get a ticket didn't scare me, either.

Duncan Allan was supposed to be the first one to complete his presentation in front of class of 1994. I still don't know why he had gotten expelled. Rumor has it that he tried to shoot up the school. But oh well, the event must go on.

"Our first speaker is ranked number two out of the 259 students in this class this school year! Incredible! Here he is everyone, Donald Degrate Jr!" Our principal said into the microphone.

Extremely loud applause came from everyone as he walked to the stage with index cards in his hand. He didn't look up until he gotten to the podium.

"He is so damn fine!" One of the immature girls yelled out.

I rolled my eyes. Donald's face seemed a bit reddish as seen on the projector screen. He took a deep breath before speaking his first five words. His voice was kind of shaky at the beginning, but he eventually warmed up after getting used to the atmosphere. The light made his skin glisten. Donald sounded hypnotizing in some kind of way, and it affected me.

I felt that the temperature started to change in the gym in the middle of his presentation. Spicy described it just right! Was it just me, or did they turn the heat on?

"My days at Malcolm High weren't always the best. Just like any other teenager, I struggled a lot with self esteem. It would always seem like the grass was greener on the other side for everyone else in my point of view, but I had to realize I wasn't the only one going through low esteem. Joining the yearbook committee gave me a chance to make a couple of friends and break me out of my shyness a little. I'm glad I did because if I didn't, I wouldn't have met a special lady..."

During his last line, he looked towards the front row. Donald's eyes sparkled in my direction, wandering around near where I was sitting.

"Girl, he's looking at me!" I heard a female's voice say excitedly directly behind me.

"Chill! You're not even in the yearbook committee with him." Another girl said.

I giggled to myself as I was overhearing them. Placing my attention back to him, he was continuously looking back and forth from his cards to this area he can't keep his eyes off of. But I have to say, he does look beyond stunning in his cap and gown.