8: Angel of Mine♥️

Inspired By "Angel of Mine (Radio Mix)" by Monica 🔥

••••

Omniscient (Narrator),

*play music while reading

16-year-old Donald's heart rate started to grow rapidly as him and his parents entered their home. He knew in his mind that something was about to go down as soon as his bedroom door closes. All through the car ride from a local get together to their residence, the arguing did not stop. Mr. and Mrs. DeGrate's dominant voices attacked one another harshly.

Mr. DeGrate was intoxicated, but Donald's mother was sober and only had a Sprite that night. His father being under the influence only made matters worse. The subject of the drama had their son feeling uneasy and angry at the same time. It was no environment for a young boy to be in.

"Lying ass mother fucker!" Mrs. DeGrate yelled and slammed the front door.

"Just shut up!" Mr. DeGrate fought back. "All you do is cuss in front of Donny!"

Every sentence that came out of their mouths either started or ended with a cuss word! They were too busy trying to bring each other to misery, but it also brought their son to that depressed stage them.

Mr. DeGrate was pissed off with what was being said by his wife. He took one of the many porcelain black angels that was surrounding a centerpiece and crushed it with his right foot. Donald saw him crush more valuable China that his dad could get his eyes on.

"You've drunk entirely too much. There was no need in destroying that." Mrs. DeGrate said.

"Fuck you! I'm tired of you! I'm tired of getting cussed out for no fucking reason, and then have to come home to a woman who enjoys breaking everyone in this house down."

Donald slowly backed away from the scene. His ears couldn't take any more of the bullshit he was hearing.

"For 20 years, I've dealt with pain from you," Mr. DeGrate continued. "I'm tired of your shit, Mary!"

"Tired of my shit? I'm tired of your shit!" Donald's mom said.

The word "divorce" started to officially linger in the air. Never have they ever have a huge blow out right in front of their only child. Married couples argue here and there, and the only time it's extremely bad is when they're ready to break up!

Donald's motive was to go upstairs and try his best to sleep through the night with rapid heartbeat. His dad caught his attention for a moment. Mr. DeGrate's anger escalated into breaking the television set and coffee table in the living room, and other items went along with it.

It was so much broken glass and shattered material all along the ground. Donald and his mother stood there surprised at what they had seen.

"I'm sorry I had to do this in front of you, Donny, but your mother drives me crazy!" His dad said.

"Just because you feel like I drive your stupid ass crazy doesn't mean you can break the things that we pay good money for. Drunk ass! You need to stop drinking!"