17: Positions♥️

inspired by "POSITIONS" by Ariana Grande 🔥

Y/N,

*play music while reading

⸻ ★ Abbott Elementary: 1995 ★⸻

"I hope you're doing well! I remember when I first started. I was literally just like Nemo in Finding Nemo...just so lost! I was so lost in this big sea of students ready to go and ready to learn. I was so eager to be able to help the future of these young scholars, and I'm so happy that you are now apart of our team! You're going to love all of the teachers of this grade. They're all so nice!" Janine, my new co-worker, rambled.

This is literally the seventh time today that she has talked my head off, and it is only 8am!

Abbott Elementary was my first choice in schools that I wanted to become a teacher, and I was very eager to get the job as a 2nd grade teacher because I really love making a difference in children's lives. I can tell that Janine has the same enthusiasm and dedication to teaching to young kids as I do, but she just has a little too much! I'm still grateful to have someone like her to go through this new teaching journey with me, though!

"I'm glad to have you as a colleague I can count on," I said. "You're the only one that's given me the proper time of day."

She smiled really big and gave me a hug.

I wasn't expecting a hug, but it was nice of her to give me one considering the fact that I haven't had a hug since this morning when I left my apartment that I share with my boyfriend, Devanté. Overwhelmed is an understatement!  There is so much on my plate today, and it's a lot to handle, which brought on so many emotions.

Today is the first day of school, and I started to overthink about everything and have a minor panic attack before I got here. I had DeVanté this morning to comfort me and make me feel better. Although Janine kind of annoys me, I appreciate her hug. Once I walked through the school doors, I started to contemplate my job choice! I've worked my ass off to get this position, but I believe teachers can have first day nerves just as much as a new student.

We were all in the gym as we had to have an assembly for all the kids to attend. It is their welcome and introduction assembly where the principal and other faculty members provide a warm welcome to the students so they can feel more comfortable with the environment. I think it's a good tool because I know what it's like to be a small student, and I hope they all gain more confidence after this.

"Hello students...boys and girls...staff members...and whoever else is here," Ava, the principal, said in the microphone.

She sounded very uninterested in being here, and she rolled her eyes a couple of times.