5: No, No, No♥️

Inspired By "No, No, No Pt. 2" by Destiny's Child 🔥

••••

Y/N,

*play music while reading

Being ignored doesn't feel awesome at all, especially if it's coming from the significant other.

Devante loves to front whenever he's around other individuals. He can be bipolar when it's just the two of us. At one point, he pretends to not even give a damn about my feelings or existence. It's funny how he calls me late at night after he disses me to talk about how he needs me in his life!

His shenanigans have been on repeat. Sometimes he makes me feel as if I'm not good enough for him to show around. But then again, I might not be the problem. Since he did have a not-so-good-guy reputation, Devante probably can't let go of his old image and want the outsiders to know that he's still the same. In reality, he's being something he's not.

What he clearly doesn't know is that I'm not dumb. I know exactly what's going on.

He had received four exclusive passes and four extra tickets from the executive producers and production crew of the Soul Train Awards just like the other celebrities that were performing at the annual award show. The producers left a voicemail for him asking did he get them in the mailbox. I was over his house, and I heard it when he was in the shower. The passes had access behind the scenes such as backstage and even the dressing rooms. It was only a limit of four of each given because they're for family, lovers, and/or close friends. I later found them in his trash a few days ago. I was still wondering why I didn't get one of those. So much for being his "girlfriend!"

Thank the Lord I decided to retrieve at least two tickets and a pass from the trash. I was planning on using the pass and surprise him today before the event, but I changed my mind. The constant reminder of him dissing me in front of people ruined it!

I picked up my phone and dialed his number to be nosy and snoop. It rung a million times before he answered.

"What?" He said.

"...wow. What a way to say hello to me. The fuck is — "

"I can't talk right now, Y/N." Devante swiftly whispered.

"Are you in the middle of prepping for the performance? And why are you whispering?"

"Baby, I gotta g — "

"How are you going to call me "baby" after the disrespect?"

A male's voice that sounded a lot like Joel started to shout in the background.

"Why are you trying to talk in such a quiet manner? Let me take a wild guess. You're trying to talk to your itty bitty girlfriend by the name of Y/N." Joel joked.

"Shut up!" Devante defended. "Go somewhere!"

"I understand. The lovebirds need their privacy. I was just messing around, man. I'll leave you and your girlfriend alone."

"For the last time, Y/N is not..."

He stopped whispering his sentence to sigh. I quit eavesdropping and hung up.