N I N E T E E N

tw//panic attack

Jin's POV

I told myself I was finally ready to confront him about how he's been acting. At this point, Namjoon's been acting weird around me as well. He knows that I know. 

But I wasn't prepared for whatever his response was going to be. I made a promise to him to try to keep him clean, but that didn't happen. And here we are.

I take a deep breath before storming into his office with my arms crossed. "We need to ta-"

My words are cut off when Namjoon rushes forward pressing a kiss to my lips. "Good afternoon," he speaks with a surprisingly chipper tone.

One of my eyebrows twitches in confusion and annoyance. I bring one of my hands up to massage it as I take a step forward, following him as he returns to his seat.

"As I was saying, we need to talk," I finish.

"About what? I've been watching the cameras all day. Nothing...as usual," he shrugs.

This is so not usual. It's as if he doesn't care at all that Y/N is missing. He's just shut off his remorse and sympathetic feelings. "Namjoon-"

"I know what you're about to say and I'm fine," he nods with a small smile. "Really."

I clench my jaw, clicking my tongue in annoyance on the roof of my mouth. "Listen to me, will you?"

He sighs, an annoying smile on his face. He spins his chair around and looks at me, staying quiet.

"You relapsed, didn't you?" I ask, staying as firm as possible with my gaze.

He raises an eyebrow. "Jinnie, come on," he chuckles. "I'm not that weak-"

"KIM NAMJOON," I loudly cut him off. "I have been here for you since the very beginning. I love you. This is what I'm here for. Be honest with me."

His cocky smile falters slightly. "I...I may have taken a small dose this morning."

"How long?" I ask.

"How long...what?"

"How long have you been using again?" I clarify.

He hesitates to answer, stiffening slightly. "It's not like it was that much. I've been taking small doses to...take the edge off. That's all-"

"How long, Namjoon?"

He slowly stands to his feet, stepping towards me. "A week..."

I nod. "Well, that's...not too bad. We caught it early...right? So, we just-we just get you to rehab and-"

"Jinnie," he reaches forward and grabs at my shoulders. "I feel better like this. I'm controlling it. It's not controlling me."

"Listen to yourself," I swat his hands away. "You won't even listen to the idea of going to rehab. You can't go without the stuff." Namjoon squints, obviously thinking, but there's a hint of cringe on his face that shows he knows how stupid he's being. "Who knows how long it'll be until you are taking bigger doses or maybe taking more than one dose a day?"

A loud, deep breath leaves Namjoon's throat as he grits his teeth, not in anger, but in willpower. He nods slowly, his arms coming up to hug himself.

"Namjoon..."

He slowly turns around, walking back to his chair. "...sorry," he whispers, his voice cracking.

I walk over to his chair, spinning it back around to look at me. He starts to breathe a bit harder, tears coming to his eyes.