T W E N T Y O N E

Soobin's POV

I guide Yeonjun through the club, power-walking to the back where the dressing rooms are.

"You know," Yeonjun starts to speak, tugging at my hand. I stop and turn around to look at him with a curious look on my face.

"Aren't we kind of in a bit of a time crunch right now?" I point behind me, glancing back there quickly.

Yeonjun breathes out a chortle, pulling me close to him. "Yes, but I need to tell you something."

"Oh, am I pulling you too fast? I know you said your leg is getting better, but I promised to take it slow-"

"No, it's not that," he chuckles. "If you haven't noticed, I've stopped limping completely."

I bite my lip, half-assuming it has something to do with the fact that his hands are resting on both sides of my hips and actively pulling me closer to him. "So, what is it then?"

He gives me a half-smile, looking down at the floor for a moment. It's a look I've never seen from him. He's proud.

"I almost forgot how good you are at this," he states. "I was so busy trying to protect you from mafia life that I forgot that you're a natural at it."

I grin, feeling a sense of pride in myself that I hadn't felt lately.

"And I don't mean to say that it's who you are exactly, but it's a part of you and I don't want to be the one forcing you away from it," he speaks carefully.

"Junnie," I whisper, reaching up to encase his face softly between my hands. "Even if you weren't pushing me to do it, I'd want out of that shit hole. I mean, especially now that I know who I've been working for all this time. And on top of that, I love you. Your opinion matters to me. So, yeah, you might be one of the reasons I'm leaving that industry, but you're not the only one."

He nods.

"Besides, I don't plan to leave mafia life completely," I add. "I like to consider your family my own. I would gladly stay as a soldier for this mafia than continue on as anything for my uncle's mafia."

Yeonjun shrugs playfully. "I mean, you are pretty damn good at it. It would be a waste of potential to throw it all away just for your stupid boyfriend."

"No," I shake my head. "He's not stupid. Just a little over-protective. But what else should I expect from my mafia boyfriend?"

He laughs, nudging my hands away from his face. "Let's go."

We continue to the back only to find all of the dressing rooms empty. "Where the fuck did everyone go?"

"Granting time off isn't a normal thing for Mr. Rapist to do, I take it?" Yeonjun comments under his breath, still walking down the hallway and rechecking each room.

"No, he'd be losing money," I reply. "I didn't even notice that no one was on stage right now."

Suddenly Yeonjun's phone rings. He quickly pulls it out of his pocket and brings it up to his ear. "Talk to me."

I watch as his face goes from worried to slightly less worried to a look of utter surprise.

"No, Damien isn't here. No one is. Looks like Junghoon gave everyone the day off," he pauses, listening. "Either that or he fired everyone because I checked every room. No one is here."

"Is that Jeongguk?" I whisper.

He nods. "Soobin doesn't have Damien's number. It was an unnecessary risk. We didn't want him to get caught," he continues talking to Jeongguk. "I know it's backfiring now, but we can't think like that." He looks over at me, pushing the phone to the side for a moment. "Where do you think he would go?"