Chapter Seventeen: *fun stuff pt.4*

Halloween was Spencer's favorite holiday. Costumes, pumpkins, movies, trick or treating...

He had the best time during Halloween. And this year it didn't fall during a case.

Amy knew Halloween was a special day for Spencer so she decided to organize a little get together with him and Penny to watch some horror movies.

Penny was quite reluctant: horror movies usually scared her and it took a lot to convince her.

Amy on the other hand remained unimpressed in front of jump-scares, ominous music and monsters. The splutter scenes made her laugh, mostly because she'd made fun of the victim 3 seconds before for making a dumb choice. Trying to guess who the first victim was gonna be was her favorite thing to do during horror movies.

Spencer... Amy had a theory...

He acted quite tough, especially because of how often he said Halloween was his favorite holiday, but Amy had never actually watched a horror movie with him. Judging by the way he said certain things, she thought horror movies terrified him.

And let's just say she wanted to test that theory out.

.

"Harry Potter? Really?" Spencer asked her, still cynical about the whole franchise.

"Listen it's an easy costume, all I need's the cape" Amy answered, showing off her black cape and red and golden tie.

"Aaaaand she rocks the cape" Penny said in her defense.

"You're such a ravenpuff and you don't even know it" Amy teased.

"You're so right!!! You know, one might think of ravenclaw, but I see where you're coming from with the hufflepuff!" Penny added to the joke.

Spencer nodded sarcastically, his Frankenstein monster headband wobbling up and down.

After a while the three of them were sitting on Amy's couch.

"You know what we should do? We should turn all the lights off while we're watching the movie"

"AHAHA" Penny laughed sarcastically.

"Aw, come on! Spencer, help me out here!" everything was going according to plan.

Spencer was not too happy about this idea, but would he keep up his tough-guy facade or compromise his horror persona? While Spencer took his time thinking of an answer, Amy quickly winked at Penny. She obviously couldn't figure out the whole scheme, but they could be telepathic enough.

"Uhm, I mean- cause I don't really know- um, I can't- yeah, no, yeah, yeah for sure" Spencer incoherently stuttered.

"So you agree?" Amy pressured him.

"No, yeah, yeah, I guess, but if Penny... um, if Penny can handle it, I don't wanna scare her too much or anything"

Ooooh, that was the card he was playing...

"Penny...?" asked Amy, gently pushing her towards a yes.

"Alright..." Penny accepted, having figured out Amy had planned something.

"Awesome!" Amy yelled, as she proceeded to turn off all the lights in her house.

Perfect, Amy thought with a devilish smirk on her face.

As the opening titles were flashing on the screen, Amy could just feel Spencer's pure fear. The movie was actually quite slow, but she knew the... fun was about to begin.

When no one was expecting it a pale hand on the screen grabbed the protagonist's ankle. Penny let out a little squeal. And, weirdly enough, Amy felt Spencer's part of the couch fold backwards, almost like he'd... jumped back... how surprising...