Chapter Thirteen: *fun stuff pt.3*

Living in a big city was fun and all, but sometimes Amy liked to go back to the small town where she'd lived most of her youth and visit her dad. And her uncle. And her aunt. And her cousins. And all her family that lived there basically. They were... a lot.

When you grow up in a small town you learn to find places where you can be alone or places where you feel free. One of them was the bakery. It was amazing, spectacular, unique, simply perfect. It was all colorful inside and Amy personally knew the owner. Her name was Rhonda and she was an old black lady that was pretty much like a grandma to Amy. She didn't exactly talk to her a particular lot or revealed her deepest secrets, but Rhonda calling her "baby" could've fixed any day, no matter how bad.

So everytime she visited her family she also stopped by the bakery. Also because, besides being one of the places that made her feel safe, it objectively made the best treats in the world. The cinnamon rolls were... exquisite, to say the least. She could've eaten a whole bag of those if she didn't pay attention. That's why they were a nice gift.

.

"Hey heeey!" Amy greeted everyone cheerfully.

"Good morning Tommy! Not as early as usual I see" Morgan commented in a smug tone.

"That's because I have a surprise for you guys!" Amy replied.

"Okay, now I'm interested" Morgan said, as Emily, who was just next to him, added "You have my attention Amy".

Spencer was casually listening in on the conversation. He'd glanced at Amy when she walked in, she looked cute as usual, she had a sweater with polar bears on it, underneath it a long sleeved white shirt that peeked out just below her neck. She was wearing loose brown jeans, they accentuated the curves of her hips but left the mind wandering about the lower part of the le- damn it Spencer you know you shouldn't think like this. He pretended to be reading his book with full attention. But her words gently made their way to his ears.

"Basically, I went to see my family this weekend, and there's this amazing bakery there, where they make the most perfect cinnamon rolls, sooooo..." she said, prolonging the vowel more than needed "I thought I could get you some" this time rushing through the words.

"Nice Tommy, that's what I like to hear" Morgan commented with a grin on his face.

"No way! Girl, you've just made my day!" Emily joined in.

Amy handed them some paper bags closed by an orange ribbon. She'd obviously noticed Spencer was unusually quiet. Not that he wasn't quiet the other days, but he usually wasn't with her.

After the situation had cooled down with Morgan and Emily, she started walking towards Spencer's desk.

"You have one too, Spence" Amy said, putting a bag in front on him and sliding it forward.

"Thank you Ames, you really didn't have to" Spencer said smiling. He didn't notice the bag was tied with a purple ribbon instead of an orange one.

"You're really not gonna say anything?" Amy asked in a taunting tone.

"I don't kno- I don't know what you mean"

"Turn it around"

Spencer curiously turned the bag around and found his name written on the bag next to a smiley face.

"You really thought I wouldn't remember you hate cinnamon? Those are chocolate scones, which are still very good"

Spencer felt awkward at first: knowing Amy was aware he'd rather accept something he didn't want than complain about it, made him uncomfortable. But then he actually thought about the gesture.