Chapter Twenty-three: Myself

"Hi..." she tucked her hair behind her ear and spoke in a voice higher than usual. A weaker voice, a faker voice. She hated having that extra button on her shirt unbottoned, but she knew she had to.

"Hello" the bulky guy replied, after making her uncomfortable with an unnecessary long stare.

"So, do you want a cup of coffee, some water?" casually, she used a soft tone.

"I'm good, it's nice to have a pretty thing like you in the room" his southern accent really came out and the words made her even more uncomfortable than before.

God, sometimes Amy really hated men.

"Oh, thanks" she said, trying her hardest to blush spontaneously.

"That's a nice fit watch you have over there" he commented, looking at more than her watch. But at least he'd caught the bait. Finding that watch hadn't been easy, she was satisfacted the trick worked.

"Really? I just bought it, I wasn't very sure" Amy used a nervous, quirky tone this time.

"Oh, don't worry darling it fits you just right" the guy said leaning in and accentuating the last part of the sentence.

Amy pretended to fix her files out of flusteredness. Well, this could've been a twisted way of seeing if she could pass as a decent actress.

"We're supposed to get on with the interview..." she said, faking an attempt at composure.

"Do we really have to?" he said, lingering on the 'really' for a creepy amount of time.

"It is my job..." repulsed, doing this repulsed her "but, don't get me wrong, I would like to talk to you more-" before she could go on, she was brutally interrupted.

"Well, then do", god he was so predictable, the idiot.

"Um... I notice you have that tank top from that gym, I don't usually go there... but I've always wanted to..." Amy hated speaking like this, she felt like the protagonist of a YA novel that everybody wants dead. She had to be his type, though.

"That's good, it's good that a fine thing like you wants to keep in shape"

Thing. Thing? Again?

"Right? I don't understand people who don't care about their body" getting to the point...

"They are the worst darling", she probably would've thrown up quite easily if she hadn't been in the room.

"Do you- do you like that gym? Is it any good?" such a good girl Amy, might as well say come fuck me please.

Oh well.

"It's one of my favorites actually, you should come by and train with me sometime" he said, with a smirk on his face.

"I just might" good, but not enough. She leaned in "...by the looks of it, it seems effective. How often do you train?".

Feed his ego, come on.

"Every day except Sunday" he was clearly feeling himself. Wow, shocked. Everyday except Sunday, sooooo awesome.

Amy hesitated for a second, letting her gaze trail to the disgusting guy's biceps.

"Let's- let's get back to the interview" she said, acting like she'd been distracted "Were you training last thursday too?"

"Obviously" he scoffed.

"Do you remember what time..." she quickly shot a look at his puffed up chest, "what time you were there?"

"From 6 to 8 am"