Chapter Twenty-seven: Take me

[TW!!!!!! rape mentions, TORTURE (cuts and stuff)!! pretty messed up chapter guyz]

Women were being killed. Tortured, raped and then stabbed: impotent. They'd been working on the case for a while now. The unsub kept contacting them, she was in fact just about to see what the new box he'd gave them was gonna be. She'd been hanging out at the station for a while, the last time she'd gone out was to interview a kid who was probably the last person to see one of the victims. His name was Billy. He was such a nice kid: he stayed extra time at school for guitar lessons, he still had stuffed animals on his bed, he had to live through his parents' divorce, he drew pretty colorful pictures. Actually, he was a pretty average kid, but what moved Amy was his innocence. As she was asking him questions he didn't seem to feel unsafe, or scared. God, she wished she could be like that sometimes.

The victims were all gingers in their late twenties. Yes, it did kinda hit close to home for Amy.

She opened the box carefully and she was left facing a bunch of puzzle pieces.

Well, she was definetely the right person to do this. Amy quickly moved the pieces and started putting them together. She began to recognize an eye, it was blue. She thought of who had blue eyes and could be related to the unsub but she came up empty. She put together a stylized drawing of a dog. It looked like it was on a shirt. And then she found a nose. A kid's nose.

She knew in her heart, and in her mind, that it was Billy. Why Billy though? Why did the- oh. His mom looked exactly like the victims, the ex-husband, the fact Billy was a witness: it all pointed to one direction [;)]. She picked up her vest and her gun and ran out of the building while dialing Garcia's number on her phone.

"Hey beautiful, get everyone on the phone" Amy immediately said.

"Everyone, like everyone?"

"Yes"

"Okay, on it"

Amy was agitated: time was of the essence.

"They're all here"

"He's going after Billy"

"What? Isn't that the kid we interviewed?" Derek asked.

"Yes, I recognized him from the latest souvenir he left us, and it just makes sense. Billy's mom looks exactly like the previous victims. Billy has to be the unsub's endgame. If I'm not wrong the kid should be going home from his guitar lesson, I'm heading there right now, he should be on the path between school and his house"

"Okay, we'll be right there"

Amy ran towards Billy's school. It was just starting to get dark. She thought about the kid and about what happened to those women. Her feet were moving so fast she could feel them burning. Hand on her gun, she got closer. Her phone rang again and it was Hotch.

"We're almost there, his name is Michael Fenster, and the divorce was final-" and then she saw him: this white man in his fifties - he looked strong - was grabbing Billy by the arm.

"STOP RIGHT THERE, FBI"

The unsub returned the favor and pointed a gun at her, she could hear the faint voices from the phone she dropped to the ground.

"So you figured out my little puzzle"

"Drop the gun" insisted Amy.

"So that you can easily put a bullet through my skull, sure"

"Let Billy go, he doesn't deserve this"

"You don't know anything about me, or Billy, so I advise you to drop the profiler act"