Chapter Twenty: Senseless

[ib: Cherrywrotestories i love you if you see this btw <3]

Another case, another night out with the team. They usually went to the same bar, it wasn't that big but it was close to headquarters and they usually played pretty good music, which is all the BAU needed.

Everyone was so happy and light-headed, laughing and joking around. Amy usually bounced around mostly between Spencer and the girls. Right now she was talking with Emily and Penny.

"Derek"

"Yeah, obviously. But like for real? If you had to choose someone to spend the night with from the team it'd be him?"

"Of course sunshine, I like my chocolate thunder, you know" said jokingly Penny, causing the other two to laugh.

"What about you Em?" asked Amy, trying to move the attention to her, since she was being particularly quiet.

"Oh, come on, do I really have to answer?" asked Emily, wanting to get out of the situation.

"Uh-huh, of course" spoke Penny.

"I don't know, I haven't really thought about it, I... JJ, or... Hotch!". 

Amy wasn't sure about it, but she'd always had a feeling Emily wasn't straight. She wouldn't have asked about it though, to avoid making her uncomfortable.

"Hotch?!" Penny asked shocked.

"For sure" Emily said again, sure of her answer.

But Penny still seemed surprised.

"Oh no, I see where she's coming from" Amy said in Hotch's defense, sipping her drink playfully.

"You naughty girls!" joked Penny, while the two were laughing.

"Now I'm genuinely curious to hear what Amy has to say for herself" Penny insisted.

"What?" Amy asked, having forgotten about the initial game.

"Well, who are you sleeping with?" Emily pressured again.

Crap.

Amy didn't even need to think about the answer. But she constantly thought everyone was onto her, so she felt like she had to lie. She unknowingly peeked at Spencer, who was running his hands through his hair while flipping through the pages of a book.

"Ummm... Rossi, for sure" she avoided the question with a joke.

The other girls laughed and they seemed to respect her implicit wish not to actually answer the question.

Amy glanced at him again. This time he licked his lips quickly, like he sometimes did when he was thinking or trying to concentrate.

God, she was obvious, wasn't she?

°°°°°°°°°°

The night went on as expected: Penny aggressively flirting with Derek, JJ winning every single drinking or even non-drinking game, Hotch and Rossi at the corner of the bar, sipping from their drinks, and finally Emily rocking her red suit like no man ever could.

Amy was wearing a green backless dress, it went great with the color of her eyes. She was wearing heels and she'd chosen to wear a darker lipstick than usual.

She looked stunning.

And weirdly enough, she didn't feel too awkward dressed like that.

Through the night she tried getting Spencer to dance, but it was always a flop.