Chapter Eight: Revelations

[author's note: y'all know what this is from the title, sorry in advance, it may be confusing if you haven't watched the episode :D]

[trigger warning: I'm pretty sure I wrote a panic attack, or at least some symptoms of it so skip to like the last couple paragraphs where there's dialogue, i put a couple of ~~~ these to signal where you can start reading again :)]

The moment they found out JJ and Spencer were at Hankel's house, the unsub's house, Amy had stopped breathing for a second. They didn't even know he was the unsub, they weren't looking for signs... but they... they would've seen them, right? Right? Spence would've seen them? He was a genius, he... he must've...

Amy tried to push back the thought of Spencer being in danger. She couldn't think straight, but she had to if she wanted to have some sort of control.

All the time in the car she could feel Hotch's eyes on her, she knew he was profiling her. That's another reason why she wanted to somewhat conceive her emotions. Hotch couldn't know this was personal to her. And he couldn't see her break.

°°°°°°°°°°

When they got to the house, nobody was outside. Maybe... maybe he let them in for a cup of coffee, maybe Spence figured out he had something to hide and tried to investigate, maybe they were questioning h-

"Tommy you take the barn" Derek said, probably noticing that Amy wasn't really there, trying to get her attention by using the nickname he'd tailored for her.

She finally took back her focus for a second and headed to the barn, she was running, and holding her gun really tight. It was going to be okay, it had to, it had to. Amy opened the door and heard a familiar voice inside.

"Drop the gun! Drop the gun! I'm with the FBI!"

It was JJ, yelling at her desperately.
Amy moved the flashlight around, catching a glimpse of the dead dogs. JJ appeared traumatized and broken.

"JJ, it's me, it's Amy, you're alright, it's over" Amy tried her best to calm her down, even though she wasn't calm herself. And her mind was quite busy with worry, even more than before, now that she had found JJ.

"Hey, JJ, where's Spence?" Amy asked with a soft voice, trying to conceal how scared she was.

"They were about to attack me, I had to kill them, I had t-" JJ wasn't paying attention and she wasn't going to unless Amy made it clear it was of vital importance.

"JJ, where is Spence?" she asked in a more serious, heavier tone.

"He went around back" JJ finally answered.

Okay, Amy knew where to go.

"I'm gonna leave you here for a minute, but it's okay, alright? Everything's fine", luckily Emily had walked in too. Amy caringly brushed JJ's shoulder, then she turned around and ran out of the barn.

This time her feet were moving too slow compared to how fast her mind wanted them to. There was a field behind the barn. Maybe Spencer was inside, maybe he got lost- Amy was thinking furiously while running along the field. Every step was a stab to her heart, every breath a heart attack. She couldn't think clearly, she couldn't think, she couldn't th-

She stopped.

She wasn't breathing.

A purple scarf was on the ground.

Her heart dropped to the floor, and a single tear, that she wiped away immediately, came out of her eye.

°°°°°°°°°°