Chapter Twenty-one: *fun stuff pt.5*

"I'm almost not sure I'm gonna win anymore, wow"

"Speak for yourself" Spencer said as he looked frantically on the table, assembling the pieces guided by his mind.

"Ah-ha very funny" Amy said sarcastic.

The two of them had agreed on solving a puzzle together. They'd ended up on the topic a morning at the BAU and they decided to replace their usual movie night with a puzzle night. But when Amy was buying the 1000 piece puzzle they were supposed to solve together she got an idea: the puzzle night became a puzzle championship. Same puzzle, same location, same rules, first to finish wins.

Loser had to buy the winner a milkshake.

Their competitive spirits had taken over. They were both convinced they would be able to solve it more quickly than the other.

"Oooh, you're a border starter" Amy teased Spencer when they first started working.

"I'm a what?" Spencer said incredulous, having to keep in a laugh because of the expression she chose to use.

"Border starters are boring" Amy teased again, going back to her own puzzle.

"Oh right, I forgot you like to see pictures first, and then understand" Spencer taunted her.

"Yeah, sorry I have an interesting brain, I guess" Amy replied.

"Mhh-mh, put together the same colors, get the vibe of the puzzle, mhh-mh, no absolutely right"

Ooooh, okay, okay, if this is how you like it.

"Ah-ha exhilarating Dr. Reid, see you when I'm done"

"What?" pretended not to hear Spencer "I thought someone with a 185 IQ said something"

"Wow, such a clever joke, Mr. I hAvE a 187 Iq AnD i LiKe To TeLl EvErYoNe, you know, the intelligence quotient is considered by many a flawed method to quantify a perosn's intelligence"

"Despite the critiques, the intelligence test is one of the most reliable and solid behavioural tests ever invented, Rex Jung, University of New Mexico"

"Yeah, yeah quote your way out Dr. Genius, go finish your borders"

Spencer smiled and replied:

"At your service, Ms. Thomas"

Amy was about to argue back, but she let it go and focused on the puzzle. She put together the purple petals and the pink ones, her hands working almost subconsciously.

Spencer's IQ wasn't gonna help him this time. Amy had spent her entire childhood solving puzzles, she'd solved harder than this. How unfortunate she'd forgot to mention this detail to Spencer.

The only moments when she actually got stuck were because she happened to glance at Spencer's hands moving the pieces quickly and precisely. She already knew he had hot hands, but she didn't let this distract her for too long.

.

"How did you manage to cheat on a puzzle?" Spencer asked, looking at Amy's now completed picture.

"Mmh-mh, mmh-mh, right, will you... call me back, when you get over yourself, Doctor Reid?" teased him fiercely Amy.

"Yeah, like you haven't done this specific puzzle before" refused to accept his defeat Spencer.

"Awww, I didn't know someone was such a sore loser. Gotta be honest: not a good look on you" Amy joked.

"I prefer it to the cheater look"