Look What You Did

Having Chase living with them was . . . .. odd to say the least.

The father was both childish AND authoritative in his own right and sometimes it was downright WEIRD.

Plus sharing a room with him kind of felt uncomfortable to Dark. Not in a bad way but Chase had these moments where he'd just stare off into space. 

'Probably thinking about his kids' Dark knew that sounded mean but he didn't mean it like that. It was sad how Sean created him to be. Honestly Dark wasn't sure if Chase was created with that backstory or if he really did have children and got divorced. Based on Chase's videos that Sean had reenacted FOR him, he'd say it was real.

'And they say I'M the bad guy' he snuffed, 'Ego Creators can be so selfish . . Not that Mark and Sean are like that. They're nice people. It's just . . .'

Dark stopped thinking and turned his head towards Dark Chica who was still sleeping, sticking to him like glue. Meanwhile, Chase seemed to be sleeping as well.

'About damn time. I didn't think he'd ever shut up. Not that he's annoying. I have insomnia as it is, though . . . . . ..  but now I can't sleep AT ALL!'

After a few more minutes, Dark finally decided to get up, 'It's still late but maybe a glass of milk or tea will help me sleep'

Careful not to wake his fur-ball, he headed up the stairs and into the kitchen. It was eerie at night when he was all alone, silent as if he were in space. It seemed as if everyone else had finally fallen asleep, too.

Everyone except for him.

He tried not to think about it, though and took out a glass and opened the fridge to look for the milk.

He felt odd. As if he was being hit by a bought of nostalgia or Deja vu.

'There's the milk' he took it out and started to pour himself a glass.

When he was done with it, he put it back where he found it and closed the fridge door.

"DAMMIT, DON'T YOU SEE WHAT HE'S DONE TO YOU!?"

Dark flinched and gripped the counter. He looked around for the source of the voice but found there was no one around still.

'The hell was that?' Upon the silence, he was starting to think that maybe he just had an auditory hallucination. Maybe he was just too tired and stressed.

Slightly calming down, he turned around to take his glass of milk.

When he felt something against the back of his neck. Like someone was right behind him. Breathing down on him like a predator.

"He's ruined you. You could be so much better without him and you know that"

Dark grit his teeth and tensed his muscles. He whipped himself around to hit whoever was there.

But no one was.

'Dammit, what the hell!? That wasn't a hallucination. That was real! I know it!'

"Who's there!? Show yourself and stop your nonsense immediately!"

No one answered.

He growled to himself, "Wilford, I swear if that was you, we're gonna have a very serious discussion later"

Nothing.

Waving it off as just a stupid prank then, Dark finally took his glass and started to walk out of the kitchen.

He stopped mid-step, however, when he started getting a ringing in his ear. Dark move his jaw around and messed around with his ear to get it to stop but nothing worked.