Welcome Back Party

After his and the sun pillar's 'moment' on his rooftop, Giyuu walked Akari to the gate of her own estate, the midnight sky littered unevenly with glittering stars, idiotic smiles on the couple's faces.

The water pillar felt tranquil, like the water in the Sun Estate's fountain. He felt content, for now at least. It'll just be a matter of time before he went back to doubting himself.

"Uhh, thanks for walking me here" The redhead smiled sweetly before planting a chaste kiss on the male's forehead.

The raven-head felt like his heart was going to beat itself out of his chest as he stiffened, loving the feel of her lips on his skin, wishing that they could've stayed like that for a bit longer. But before he could reply, a booming voice erupted the peaceful atmosphere.

"Akari-chan! Just the person I was looking for!" Rengoku spoke cheerfully. His yellow and orange orbs seemed to glow in the moonlight.

"Kyo!" Akari returned his wide smile, running forward to embrace him tightly, to which he responded immediately.

The fire pillar wondered why the girl didn't jump on him and wrap her legs around his waist as she used to, but after looking past her mess of hair and locking eyes with a certain, rather glaring hashira, he figured out her reason. Choosing to ignore the murderous aura that Tomioka gave out, he spoke:

"Well, I just came here to demand you come for your welcome home party!"

"Demand? Don't you mean 'ask'?" She raised an eyebrow.

"I said what I said. Come along now, the bar will be too crowded if we're too late." He said while dragging her with him, mumbling something about going to where the hashira were supposed to meet.

"Wait! what about Giyuu?!" Akari turned around to tell the blue-eyed boy to join them, only to find out that he had disappeared.

-----

Akari was currently waiting for the other Hashira along with Mitsuri and Sanemi. Rengoku had gone to call the other hashira who were late, the love pillar going non-stop about her missions, how this Muichiro kid became a pillar just two months after becoming a demon slayer, which surprised her greatly, and this homeless kitten she rescued. And Akari being the great friend that she was, was listening with full-on interest.

Soon Mitsuri ran off to find Shinobu, Leaving her and Sanemi alone. The redhead didn't really know what to say to the wind pillar. An awkward silence began.

"So um, how was it over there?" Sanemi asked, hoping to break the silence, his voice unusually polite and... nervous?

"It's great! Really different from here. I'm sure you would've liked it Shinazugawa-san." Akari said with a small smile. When he didn't say anything back, She told him some more of the sights that she had seen in her time in Tokyo. She noticed he was listening keenly, a deep contrast to his bored expression to when Mitsuri's storytelling.