A New Identity

Kasugai crows flew over South-East Japan, called to notify not information on a new mission but news of death and disappearance

Kochou Shinobu:

"Caw, Caw, The Flame Pillar, Rengoku Kyojurou has been killed by one of the Twelve Kizuki, Upper Moon Three at 04:45 today while trying to stop a demon, halfway to Motokaji Station. Furthermore, the Sun Pillar, Takahashi Akari, has been abducted by two of the Twelve Kizuki, Upper Moon Two and Upper Moon Three, at the same place and time of the Flame Pillar's death. Her current whereabouts are unknown. Witnesses are demon slayers Kamado Tanjiro, Agatsuma Zenitsu, Hashibira Inosuke, and demon Kamado Nezuko. Caw, Caw."

Kanoe watched as her elder sister seemed to lose her balance. Shinobu clutched her side, an urge to throw up crawling up her throat. The knowledge of Rengoku's death and the thought of demons taking Akari had her feeling suffocated. And angry.

'No... It can't be...'

Kanroji Mitsuri:

"...and demon Kamado Nezuko. Caw, Caw."

The Love Pillar's hand flew to her mouth. She didn't hold back the tears that gushed out. She had lost a former mentor and comrade. Two precious friends that she loved dearly.

"Rengoku-san, Akari-chan," She sobbed. "May your souls find peace in the afterlife."

Tokito Muichiro:

"...and demon Kamado Nezuko. Caw, Caw."

Tokito Muichiro continued walking through the bamboo that surrounded the Mist Estate.

'Rengoku... Was that the loud one with the bright hair? Who's Takahashi again? That name sounds familiar... So another two have lost their lives.'

Tengen Uzui:

"...and demon Kamado Nezuko. Caw, Caw."

"So not even Rengoku couldn't beat an Upper-Rank demon? Takahashi, are you dead?" Tengen let out a deep sigh. He wished Rengoku's death was quick but that was impossible. Demons kidnapping Takahashi was not a good sign. Not at all.

Obanai Iguro:

"...and demon Kamado Nezuko. Caw, Caw."

"I don't believe it. Both of them, they were strong. The threat of Kibutsuji Muzan looms closer and closer."

Himejima Gyomei:

"...and demon Kamado Nezuko. Caw, Caw."

"Namu Amida Butsu." Himejime prayed.

Shinazugawa Genya:

"...and demon Kamado Nezuko. Caw, Caw."

His eyes widened and he took a sharp intake of breath. Akari onee-san helped him more than anyone ever did. Even though she didn't know him, she defended him and stood up for him against his aniki.