History Lesson

Akari's next few days were occupied by the three young demon slayers and demon. She found their energy absolutely refreshing and it filled her with happiness. They reminded her of her family.

She loved it when Tanjiro and Inosuke would get into a fight and come to Zenitsu who, in turn, would complain to her how annoying they were. She felt like their big sister and felt the urge to protect them at any cost. She missed them when she had to go patrolling. 

She also missed Giyuu. They hadn't been getting a lot of alone time since their schedules didn't fit with the other. So she spent most of her free time training with Rengoku or helping Shinobu with her experiments.

Every time Rengoku and her would get too close for comfort, their eyes would meet and the air seemed to get hotter.

But the atmosphere wasn't the only thing that got warmer.

But nevertheless, the incident at the inn between the two was slowly starting to fade in their minds. 

But thing was, every time she was with Sanemi, he would give her a sneaky glance, but the look he sent wasn't actually flirtatious, more like... He didn't know what happened but was sure something had happened.

But she did.

The fresh hickeys on her neck were a constant reminder, and she could only guess who she got them from.

She tried avoiding him as much as possible.

******

One day, as she was sitting on her engawa, She saw Tsuru, her kasugai crow flying down towards her. 

"Caw caw! Oyakata-sama has asked you to help Kamado Tanjiro with his breathing style. Caw caw! Tell him all you know! Caw caw!"

 Before she could even process what Tsuru had said. She saw a familiar burgundy-tipped boy making his way towards her estate. She eagerly waved and motioned him to come in.

 Tanjiro had his heart-warming smile on as usual.

"Ohayo gosaimase onee-san!" He greeted, and Akari felt her heart flutter. She was just getting used to Tanjiro and the others calling her that.

"Tanjiro! Konnichiwa!" Akari smiled. "What brings you here?"

"Oh! I actually wanted to ask you something. It's related to my breathing style"

"Shouldn't you go to Giyuu for that? He knows more about water breathing than I do. Being the water hashira and all." Akari stated the obvious. She wondered why he had come to her.

"Oh actually, It's not about the water style." He chuckled nervously.

"Oh? Ok, come here." She patted the space beside her. After he sat down, Akari turned to him, looking expectantly, she leaned in slightly to tell him she was listening. An action that made the Kamado blush.