Reunion pt 2

Sanemi seemed to have gotten more scars since the last time she saw him. Looks like he hadn't adhered to her pleading to stop using his blood as a weapon so often. 

It was weird to see him but it felt kind of good too. She slightly blushed as she remembered having a small crush on him, before giving the wind hashira a wide smile and small wave. 

He was carrying a sort of wooden box, which she later realized was where the demon girl was in. She wondered who he threatened to get her.

But that certainly wasn't what was going on the whitehead's mind when he saw Akari for the first time in a year.

No, it was something completely unrelated to their current situation.

It was something far more...explicit.

But he decided to keep those thoughts for himself, settling with a lick of his lips as he raked the girl's body, only giving the redhead a small nod of acknowledgment before continuing to ridicule Kamado's justifications. 

Much to Akari's disappointment.

She didn't know why she was sad really. They weren't even that close. She had tried many times to talk to him and get to know him better. But every time he pushed her off. Staring down at her with terrifying eyes.

The only time they exchanged words was when they went on missions. But Akari wasn't a hashira back then like Sanemi was, so he always had a superior and commanding aura around him that made her want to keep her mouth sealed.

And now, she watched as he pushed his sword into the crate, the tip of his sword covered in blood when it came out on the other side. Akari was conditioned to not feel sympathy for demons so she paid no heed to the whimpers that sounded through the wood.

But a couple of more stabs was all that was needed for the demon's brother to break free of the kakushi member's grasp and headbutt the man, earning the hashira a bloody nose. Akari had to contain her laughter along with Kanroji as they watched in amusement as Shinazugawa was knocked backward.

"Don't you dare touch her!" Kamado warned.

"You little shit-"

"Oyakata-sama has arrived." 

Sanemi was interrupted as two identical young girls announced the arrival of the head of the Demon Slayer Corps.

Ubayashiki Nichika.

Ubayashiki Hinaki.

Akari's amusement turned into a fond smile as she looked at the young Ubuyashikis. The amount of times she held them in her arms and sneaked them some chocolates. Now the only way she could distinguish them was by their hairpieces which were a different color each.